• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I import a jpeg of eps file and work on it in corel x3 ?

shuv76

Hello
I wanted to ask if I can work on a jpeg or eps file in corel x3.
Someone gave me a flash drive with the image on those 2 types of files ,, but I cannot work on them.
Do I have to trace the image in order to make another file in order to be able to work on it?
Thank you for any help.
Paul

Sidney

Yes you can

Yes, you can import a jpeg or eps file. sometimes eps files end up creating multiple outlines. Jpeg files can be opened in Corel Draw X3 but if you might want to open the jpeg in Corel photopaint ( comes with corel draw suite).

Hope this helps.

shuv76

Yes, you can import a jpeg or eps file. sometimes eps files end up creating multiple outlines. Jpeg files can be opened in Corel Draw X3 but if you might want to open the jpeg in Corel photopaint ( comes with corel draw suite).

Hope this helps.

My next question is what do I have to do to the image in order to edit it and cut it on Roland cutter? Because the cutter will not read it.

Sidney

you will have to create a contour cut

You will have to manually create a contour cut path around the photo. You will have to use your rip programs color swatch in other for the cutter to Recognize the cut path.

oksigns

My next question is what do I have to do to the image in order to edit it and cut it on Roland cutter? Because the cutter will not read it.

I don't know if Corel Photo-Paint has this option, but an easily way is to do a quick select if the art is isolated by white space and(if you can) turn that path in to a working object. You should be able to export that working path in to your vector program and you just saved yourself a lot of work!

Sidney

Import into Corel Draw 1st

Import into Corel Draw 1st.... then clicker the launcher icon and select photo paint.
** in photopaint remove white background and "x" out. It will go back to Corel Draw and the white will be removed.
** Select the Contour cut color of your rip program and manually pen draw it. Note: make sure outline is not set to NOT hairline.
** Export as EPS....THEN open in rip program.

Any other questions please contact me.

shuv76

Maybe post a picture of what you need and you may get more suggestions. :)

Here is the graphic that i traced . I thought it was ok but when it cuts ,, it takes forever because it keeps on starting and cutting and then moving and the same thing over and over again. It is like it is a thousand stops and starts on my roland cutter.

Sidney

I apologize but I don't see the graphic.

I apologize but I don't see the graphic. I will try to look at it before tomorrow tomorrow evening.

shuv76

I apologize but I don't see the graphic. I will try to look at it before tomorrow tomorrow evening.

Sorry about that. Here it is I hope

Attachments

• soforeal graphic.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 148
  • soforeal graphic1.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 155

S'N'S

The right hand sign graphic you posted had 2 of the same graphic, the top right had 2 lots of outlines, the bottom left cut fine on my Roland.

shuv76

The right hand sign graphic you posted had 2 of the same graphic, the top right had 2 lots of outlines, the bottom left cut fine on my Roland.

Thanks S'N'S . Did you cut it right off of my graphic? Or did you have to do something to it before you cut?
I do not know why the other one had lots of lines. all I did was mirror the image.
I will try again. Thanks again....Paul

shuv76

Thanks S'N'S . Did you cut it right off of my graphic? Or did you have to do something to it before you cut?
I do not know why the other one had lots of lines. all I did was mirror the image.
I will try again. Thanks again....Paul

OK ,, I got it to cut without all the stops and starts, but at the end the cutter will go to the top left corner and cut the same image but it is very small.
You can see this in the pdf file , but when it is in the corel and I send it to cut ,,,,,,You cannot see it. I can select the area and try to get rid of it but when you try to select it there is nothing there. Does anyone know why this is?
Thank you,,paul

Attachments

• soforeal.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 151

shuv76

Your PDF file has two pages. Second page has a small image. Remove it if not required.

Thank you for seeing that V-ENGRAVE. I could not figure out what was going on. Guess I couldn't see the forest for the trees.
Thanks again for all of you guys & gals help.
Paul