• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I Match An Avery Supreme Wrap Blue On My Hp Latex?

WrapGuy10

I'm trying to match as close as possible an Avery Supreme Wrap color (Gloss Blue) for a temporary wrap . The front end of the vehicle is wrapped Avery blue and the rear is wrapped white. On the one driver door and passenger I would like to be able to fade (somewhat accurately) from the blue to white. Just one door. All of the blues I have printed of course can't come close to the bright vibrant glossy blue. Anyone know of how to achieve this on a HP Latex 26,500 if possible at all? Thanks!

It is almost impossible to match colors like this, maybe ask Avery what is the CMYK code for this color but even then i think it will be hard to get it right.

Just based off of what I know I can do with my HP, I would say no. The best bet would be to wrap the front of a car with the closest printed blue you can get to the Avery blue, then do the fade on the door and everything will match up.

WrapGuy10

Yeah impossible to match IMO after many unsuccessful attempts. Lucked out big time and didn't end up having to fade at all. Phew! At least I know for the future now. Production wise I figured it to be way more effective to just go supreme wrap and print just the door but now I know I certainly would have to print the whole front end for something like this down the road. Thanks for the replies everyone.

printhog

A spectrophotometer will let you take readings of the L*a*b values (real world) of the color and then get your rip setup for the nearest color match from your printer. The spectrophotometer paired with software allows you to calibrate your printer and monitors. This is an overly simplified description of the process, and CorrectColor in the merchant never section can help you with the tools and wares.

It is worth it in the long run. It brings science to color print. Just like home depot matching paint.

its only a freaking sign!