• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I replace DX2 dampers with DX4 dampers?

antonitus

I'm frantically trying to purchase DX2 dampers for the Roland SC-500 printer and I can't find them. I believe the printer has DX2 printheads. Can anyone please tell me whether I can replace the DX2 dampers I have with DX4 dampers as they look exactly the same to me. Alternatively, if anyone knows where I can buy them in the UK, would be a bonus.

Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The DX2 head was used in multiple machines and actually had different dampers for each machine. The Roland dampers for that head are basically the DX4 dampers except the O-ring that seals the connection between the damper and the manifold is smaller. So a straight up DX4 damper will be too loose. You can replace the damper's O-ring with a smaller one and it should work. It just need to fit snugly to work.

Last edited:

antonitus

The DX2 head was used in multiple machines and actually had different dampers for each machine. The Roland dampers for that head are basically the DX4 dampers except the O-ring that seals the connection between the damper and the manifold is smaller. So a straight up DX4 damper will be too loose. You can replace the damper's O-ring with a smaller one and it should work. It just need to fit snugly to work.

Thanks for clarifying the difference. I actually noticed that was the only difference after seeing various pictures of them. I managed to get my hands on 6 DX2 dampers, but from China as they are hardly found in the UK. I did find a couple of sellers in the UK, but they wanted around £24 for each of them. I bought 6 for £18 and as I will be replacing them roughly every 6 six months, I don't mind buying the cheaper ones that should work too.