• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can i test print from within Valuejet 1614 menu

Plotz

I'm going on vacation in a while and a friend of mine will come and run a cleaning a few times a week. The guy i bought the printer from told me that in some versions it was possible to print something straight from the menu, but he couldn't locate it.
Is this possible? My software version is 2.01 / 1.12

The reason i'd like to do it this way is not having to leave my RIP pc running but most of all not making things difficult for my non-tech friend…
And especially not wanting to do a longstore of course.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can press and hold the left arrow key for 3 seconds and it will print a nozzle check. Or if you want to print something more involved you can go Menu>Test Print>Pallet and that will print a color swatch file essentially. it'a about 2 x 3.

RPM

You should be able to go into the menu to "test print". and then scroll to pallet and print a color pallet.