• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can not print from flexi 8.1 to Roland Vp540

Morph1

Print all
I got an old copy with my sp300 of flexi 8.6 I believe,
I bought a VP540 and for the life of me I can not print anything....,
The software rips the file and comes up with can not connect to port in the rip cue...
I am running windows 7 x64 and I am running Flexi and Scanvec in "Windows XP compatibility mode" it looks like the network adapter connects with the printer,
I got the firewall disabled..., Printer setup on address 192.168.001.230 flexi setup the same way on Port 9100, ip configuration tried both by assigning the specific ip address and also tried autodetect,
still nothing..., tried to run the same thing on another computer that is connected to my sp300 , it's a windows xp x32 system and no luck either...
Could my network cable be at fault ? what type of cable do I need some people say cross over some say regular network cable...

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Sign Works

I believe you need a newer version of Flexi to get the driver for that paticular printer. I recall back in 2006 I had to upgrade to Flexi 8.1 to get the driver for my SP-300V.

Morph1

Print all
I believe you need a newer version of Flexi to get the driver for that paticular printer. I recall back in 2006 I had to upgrade to Flexi 8.1 to get the driver for my SP-300V.

Sorry for double posting but I was desperate lol,

Here is the solution,

The model of the printer does not matter as you can simply set it up as SP540 and it works fine, they were built with similar components and the same principal single CMYK - x4 DX4 Heads + cutter,
here is the tip for future problem people may get stuck with..., when you connect through a router you need a regular cat5 or cat 6 cable and you will be fine, unfortunately when you have a secondary dedicated network card connecting directly to the printer you need a crossover network cable for both ways communication between your printer and the dedicated network card... I had no room for another plug in my router , that's why I bought the additional network card, it will still work I just need to get the cross over cable...

BTW, It prints and contour cuts great being setup as sp540 straight from Flexi 8.6 :)

Thanks again !

Morph1

Print all
But you say you can't print from flexi so how is that better?
Did you read my second reply,
It's all good now I am using sp540 as a printer selection and it prints now from Flexi perfectly after connecting it through a router instead of direct network card / printer connection..
The network cable was the problem... straight cat 5/6 vs cross over cable for direct connection...
Love this setup now,

cheers !

ams

Did you read my second reply,
It's all good now I am using sp540 as a printer selection and it prints now from Flexi perfectly after connecting it through a router instead of direct network card / printer connection..
The network cable was the problem... straight cat 5/6 vs cross over cable for direct connection...
Love this setup now,

cheers !

I don't use flexi as it's a curse to the sign world. Corel A+