• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone help ERROR 30 operation on jv3 160sp

highrolling24

Hi I am looking for help on why I get a error 30 operation on my jv3 when I hit test/print
I looked at other threads and found out its a generic code and to check for the door switches and I found 2 but sounds like there is a 3 rd one I got the one next to the display and the one on the cover on the other end but I cant find the 3rd (is there a 3rd) I see a sensor on the carriage with the heads that a bar goes between 2 square things but other than that I am stumped.
also I dont know if this is the problem but when I check the remains of the ink it just shows a dash (-) I reset the clock back so its not expired ink.
Dont know what else to do I am watching my hair turn grey working on this thing so any help would be great.
Thanks

MikePro

from the mimaki manual:
"Error 30 Operation"
"cause: An error occurs on the interface between the I/F board and the control board"
"corrective measure: perform a proper operation"

MikePro

anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the error30 is poping up because you're doing something stupid in the printer's-eyes.
you say you set the clock back, so the ink is not expired? I have a feeling that the printer doesn't believe you, and that it is registering your ink as "null", by the dash shown. either that, or your ink isn't registering the trigger that tells the machine there is a bag of ink in there. ooooor maybe your chips aren't being read correctly?

regardless, I think your problem is directly linked with using expired ink and not having it properly "freddy-rigged"-up.