• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can we stop the absolutely DUMB practice of...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Tapping "OK" and signing credit card machines at the store. I've been running around the last few weeks busy and thats really the only thing I can't avoid touching.

Is there a point to signing anymore? When has anyone needed to prove that they got a signature on a credit card purchase. Even if its fraud they don't care. I've had $5k+ orders I make over the phone and don't sign but I need to at Walgreens for $15 chewing gum?

Andy D

Even before all this covid bs, for some reason I find signing those things irksome & I'm not sure why...
I don't mind putting in my pin #.

Andy D

Why are we still handing our cards to the person at drive thru?
I was going thru Burger King a couple years ago & the drive thru lady was acting shady, sure enough when I checked my account 5 minutes later, she had tried to add a couple small charges to my card... My guess is a couple people paid cash before me & she wanted to keep that $.

Jeremiah

It gives the security camera another shot at getting your face. If you have stolen the card. More proof to get the crooks.

brycesteiner

do any of you make people sign for their purchases?

I do not have them sign.

If I pay with Apple Pay I don't touch anything, that I can think of. I don't even have to get the card out.

WildWestDesigns

I haven't had to sign a CC purchase at a store in the last couple of yrs. I though the change was national, but maybe it was just state wide. The argument that I had heard is that none of the merchants were ever checking the back of the card for the "official" signature as it was, so what was the point of signing. There might have been more to it, but that's all that I can remember anyway.

It's already unnecessary. It needs to be implemented at user level or by the merchant services.

It was done by the card issuer for us, didn't have to do anything on our part.

Jeremiah

Signing, approval, and identification bothers both honest and dishonest people. But for different reasons. I have lost money from fraud. In the past I did not take proper required steps. Never again.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
If you would just go ahead and get the covid, you wont have to worry about it anymore. We all got it here at the office. I'm back rolling like normal. Hell I never shut down. I didn't know we had it till I had been sick for 12 or 15 days. My daughter only had symptoms for 48 hours, my wife for a week, my shop hand had none, but I stayed sick for 20 days.

Now IDGAF and am back to normal living.

WildWestDesigns

If you would just go ahead and get the covid, you wont have to worry about it anymore.

Reports that I have seen said that even if someone has gotten it, there is a chance of getting it again. Especially if this thing mutates (which I have read reports of that as well). Then of course, if you get it, what happens if you are one of the unfortunate few that actually dies from it?

Then the one thing that I'm worried about what has been linked with covid 19 and kids 5 and under (since my youngest is almost 3 that is a concern).

Now, of course, there has been enough flip flopping over the past 2 months to make anyone's head spin with the info and what is accurate and what is not.

Andy D

If you would just go ahead and get the covid, you wont have to worry about it anymore. We all got it here at the office. I'm back rolling like normal. Hell I never shut down. I didn't know we had it till I had been sick for 12 or 15 days. My daughter only had symptoms for 48 hours, my wife for a week, my shop hand had none, but I stayed sick for 20 days.

Now IDGAF and am back to normal living.

Mike Patterson next month "Hmm, I wonder why my orders have dropped from my older customers?"