• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you install wall graphics OVER dry erase paint

lcf007

Did a search and couldnt find my answer.

Client has 2 large walls painted in a clear dry erase paint. They never use the walls and want me to install full wall graphics over the top.

Is dry erase paint just a super gloss paint, which would be okay to install over. OR is there some magical properties that will make the graphics fall off over time?

If anyone has experience with this, I would be grateful for their information.

Thanks
Lindsay

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know you can't print to it very successfully, but vinyl adhering to it shouldn't be a problem. Give it time and others will chime in.

lcf007

From what I have learnt so far, dry erase properties are more about reducing ink absorption (harder expoxy finish) rather than repelling, but would still be interested if anyone has any experience installing on top of whiteboard paint.

0igo

Did a search and couldnt find my answer.

Client has 2 large walls painted in a clear dry erase paint. They never use the walls and want me to install full wall graphics over the top.

Is dry erase paint just a super gloss paint, which would be okay to install over. OR is there some magical properties that will make the graphics fall off over time?

If anyone has experience with this, I would be grateful for their information.

Thanks
Lindsay

is the installation going to be in doors or out doors.. ive done it. if indoors youre okay just make sure you have good transfer tape (low tack) if outside walk away the material will curl.

also what texture is the wall?

Bill Modzel

You can certainly install regular vinyl on dry erase boards. I've been doing that on my job boards for years. I'm not sure how different the paint would be though.