• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you latex print on Oracal 651?

depps74

I noticed that Oracal 651 (cad cutting vinyl) has a printability spec in their spec sheet. It says :thermal print capable. I am wondering does this mean I can run it through my HP 315 latex printer? I've got tons of this stuff for lettering but wondering if this is something that people have tried? If so this would help a lot!

Joe House

Thermal printing refers to foil resin machines like Gerber edge or Summa DC printers.
But, you can try it in your latex printer and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You can....I've even printed on 751. Just drop your heat settings because they have thinner liners and WILL warp like crazy.

Grafix

I print on 551 on a HP360. First leading edge always blurs so I have a lead in print file then the actual prints.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It might look fine. It might look like garbage. Test it and see- but, for Pete's sake, make sure you aren't using it for an application where you should actually be utilizing cast material so your customer isn't bad-mouthing you because their printed graphics are failing prematurely. "Can I" and "Should I" are two different animals.