• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you run a CJV30-160 and a CG160 FXII from the same computer at the same time?

rogerb

Hi Folks, I have a CJV30-160 printing all day every day, and I have been cutting small detailed stickers on it as well. We now have too much work to tie up the printer doing cutting so we have bought a CG160-FXII plotter to do the cutting, thus freeing the CJV30 to just print. My question is, can both of those machines be driven by the same computer. We have not set up the CG160-FXII plotter yet, and I would very much appreciate if someone knows if one computer can do it. We use a windows 7 machine, adobe illustrator, with mimaki Finecut etc. Thanks Roger

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hi Folks, I have a CJV30-160 printing all day every day, and I have been cutting small detailed stickers on it as well. We now have too much work to tie up the printer doing cutting so we have bought a CG160-FXII plotter to do the cutting, thus freeing the CJV30 to just print. My question is, can both of those machines be driven by the same computer. We have not set up the CG160-FXII plotter yet, and I would very much appreciate if someone knows if one computer can do it. We use a windows 7 machine, adobe illustrator, with mimaki Finecut etc. Thanks Roger

YES,

U can use more printers and cutters in same computer.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
yes you can..
you may want to add system memory (ram) to allow things to run smoother.
how well it all runs has to do with what processor you have and how fast a hard drive.
you can defragment the hard drive by going to all programs/accessories/system tooks/disk defragmentor. allow it to run, this will make spooling run faster.

Either way it will work and you won't lose any data from either job.

if it seems to run very slowly, pm me and we can see what can be done to speed things up necessary

andy

rogerb

This is strange. The tech from the supply company came to install the CG160 FXII today and we finished up with 2 computers to set up the system. One running Adobe Illustrator with Rasterlink and Finecut plug ins, and this is attached to the CJV30-160, and one running adobe illustrator with illustrator reaterlink and finecut plug in connected to the CG160 FXII. I was advised that finecut can only have one peripheral at a time. I really like the tech, he is great, but his info and the info above does not match what I am being told by him. Any advice is welcomed!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I don't know about trying it using the Finecut plugin since we have never used that or Rasterlink. As Antnee said though, works perfect with Flexisign.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sounds like there are a lot of options, we use Onyx RIP to drive multiple printers/plotters here.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
limitation in - s

perhaps we gave you incomplete information. i have never touched finecut. maybe there is a limitation that it will only allow one active device. i guess i spoke about windows' ability to drive more than one device.

my experience is with flexi and with composer and graphix advantage. i assume there is a limitation that finecut can't open twice or generate 2 temp files or spool files at one time. this is normally something we can work around, but i have never had the chance to try. sorry if what i assumed misled you.

i would still be willing to try to find an .ini file to edit to allow 2instances to run at one time

op.

Sounds like there are a lot of options, we use Onyx RIP to drive multiple printers/plotters here.