• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you swap out a jet best cartridge with an oem cartridge?

gabagoo

Why would I want to do that...Simply my supplier ( the only one in Canada) are away until the 11th. I was pretty sure I had enough ink, but it seems that my yellow has gone down to the INK LOW warning way too soon. I figure I could just get an OEM Mimaki ink to use as we never needed to flush the lines to switch over to Jet Best anyhow. My main worry is the chip on the OEM...will the printer get confused?

Your thoughts?

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Why would I want to do that...Simply my supplier ( the only one in Canada) are away until the 11th. I was pretty sure I had enough ink, but it seems that my yellow has gone down to the INK LOW warning way too soon. I figure I could just get an OEM Mimaki ink to use as we never needed to flush the lines to switch over to Jet Best anyhow. My main worry is the chip on the OEM...will the printer get confused?

Your thoughts?

The off brand chips are made to emulate the OEM ones. So you should be fine.