• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CAN YOU USE SCRAP PIECES IN AN HP 315?

depps74

I create so much scrap with my printing. Sometimes long strips 15" x 15' and many other variations that I feel would go through the machine ok. However when I have tried it prompts me that it is not on a core. Anyone have any experience doing this. Especially for tests and other smaller prints where expending a nice fresh roll is just a waste.

jimmmi

If you mean 15 feet lenght of course you can use them. You can put it on core but also without core just the printer says that you may dont have the best results. But you can use it. Also for 15" width there is an option in menu for loading narrower material from 24". I speak for 360 but I think its the same for 315

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It isn't worth the hassle.Better to just nest as many jobs as you can. Any waste should already be figured in to your costs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That size is not scrap. That is waste. Scraps are normal usable sizes. You'll waste more time cataloging them and trying to store them, then it's worth. You've already gotten paid for it, don't waste time or you'll lose money on it.