• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cancel job workaround-latex 3xx-5xx

flyplainsdrifta

anyone know of a way to speed up or a workaround for the excessively long job cancel procedure on the newer hp latex series? i hate losing like 5-10 minutes on waiting for it when i just forgot to take off crop marks or silly things like that you know? i almost feel like just doing a restart is honestly faster than waiting for this thing. (I've got the l560 btw)

Lane J

I usually just spam the cancel button so it skips drying and goes to "checking printer". That seems to cut it down to about 2 minutes. It still sucks. The 5 minutes for a nozzle test is the one that really kills me.

Bly

With our 360s I think it's actually quicker to turn the printer off at the outlets and let it reboot.

doublesigndude

Great printer, has a lot of amazing qualities. Biggest flaw is how long it takes to do anything with it. If we just want to change media around & quick run something else & go back to previous media it seems like you lose too much time. Being in a hurry with this thing is like rushing to get my wife ready to go out at night, the more I watch & rush the process a long, the more likely I'm sitting in the front room drinking beer waiting.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Biggest flaw is how long it takes to do anything with it. If we just want to change media around & quick run something else & go back to previous media it seems like you lose too much time.
So true....and I can't get the sales people to understand (still after 3 years with these) that when they come running in asking me to print a banner real quick, when they know I have been running vinyl all day,why I b!tch and moan that "no I can't just run a banner real quick"....it's like a 20 minutes ordeal changing out to new media. Helps having 2 with one usually loaded with banner, but that's not always the case.

SBlakey

Large format operator
Any of you gents have to feed any fresh roll about 3" past the heat unit or else you get a head strike?

AKwrapguy

Any of you gents have to feed any fresh roll about 3" past the heat unit or else you get a head strike?

Nope, I usually feed half way into the heater. Usually don't have any problems. Try using a leader attached to the take up roller and feed material back through the printer. Banner material works great.

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
another thing to be aware of (while I sit here waiting for a job to cancel) is when I got mine every so often I would have a head strike. Ruined 2 heads, turned out the edge guard I had installed closest to printer evidently had a screw that was stripped during install. Did they replace it? OF COURSE NOT!!!!!! nor the print heads. ANother issue I have run into is Grimco has sold me some ink that was against the expiration dates. That causes me to have heads prematurely fail due to date. Seems like LC, LM and Y are the ones I have had issues with. Send emails to the regional and district managers and have never gotten any response. Don't expect them to but I have a spreadsheet proving that and it's buyer beware. I am going to switch vendors at some point. Former branch manager of one branch confirmed that they had issues like that from stale inventory. My problem is it being with the Light colors which do not get near as much usage. Make sure you check your expiration dates of heads and inks immediately after opening and chronicle such. If you are a high volume shop it probably doesn't matter. Had 3 heads at least which were replaced due to that, HP told me there was a problem that exists as well where the machine sometimes fails to reset when new cartridges are inserted. I recently had one go out of warranty after like 22 ml. Again, did they replace? Of course not, consumables and customer responsibility....

Who is everyone using for inks?