• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

candy apple red

Rooster

Reds are notoriously bad on inkjets and difficult to hit.

Use a higher resolution and number of passes and you'll see your reds get deeper and more saturated. You need to lay down a lot of ink to get good reds.

Don't expect to use the same profile you were before to achieve the results you're after though.

See the samples I posted in this thread to see how much better your reds can be when you print at higher resolutions.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49306&highlight=proof

luggnut

there is alot involved with that .... what profiles? what media? rendering intents? printer resolution (720x720)? in theory 100%magenta and 100%yellow should get you red, but if you don't have your system and profiles tuned and a calibrated monitor, you results can be very erratic.

color is a complicated subject and the learning curve should always be considered when getting into digital printing. you are probably gonna need training or at least a lot of studying and reading on the net.

jay*doc

What I would do is print a flexi color swatch chart on the desired media, using a few different profiles. See what profile gives you the best red.

I have not used flexi in a while, but I know there is an option in one of the drop down menus to view swatch table, or something to that effect.

Also, you could try different medias (depending on the application needs) like R Tape chrome, and print red on it, if that meets your needs... Laminates are available, too, such as Mac Tacs metallic overlam, or try an optically clear for a really high shine (like Oracal 290F).

I hope that helps!

gabagoo

What I would do is print a flexi color swatch chart on the desired media, using a few different profiles. See what profile gives you the best red.

I have not used flexi in a while, but I know there is an option in one of the drop down menus to view swatch table, or something to that effect.

Also, you could try different medias (depending on the application needs) like R Tape chrome, and print red on it, if that meets your needs... Laminates are available, too, such as Mac Tacs metallic overlam, or try an optically clear for a really high shine (like Oracal 290F).

I hope that helps!

also print a swatch tasble for 1440 x 720. The difference is very noticeable even with a 4 pass. How much more ink it uses is beyond me.

Vinylman

Without you printing OVER a metallic Silver / Gold base you will never come close to "candy apple red"!
The color you named is only achievable using translucent pigments and proper "Painting" techniques.