• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon ipf 8100 replace left head error

The printer is saying replace left head. Is it possible to clean it at this point and put it back in? Or is this head blacklisted in this printer? It is not a old head but was sitting for awhile. I think it is just plugged up. So it i get it clean and unplugged will the printer accept it again?

What about the printhead resetters on ebay. Will that help my cause?

InstantImpression

So My Experience with the IPF IP 3 and 4 heads are, That no matter what you do the heads will eventually start throwing this error at you. All it is, Is the Main PCB Board has counted so many hits or fires on the nozzels and it can be printing flawless but until you reset the count or put a new head in. It will continue to throw this at you every few prints. I have a 9400 and it has done it to me a couple times now. The test prints are perfect but it still says to replace the black or color head. Good Luck. I hope this helps. not being there you can never be 100%

danno

We had an ipf9000 and now have a 9400. I've come to the conclusion that it is Canon's way of selling print heads.