• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Canon Oce 1640 Colorado

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Does anyone own a Colorado and have any real feedback to offer? We are considering purchasing one.

Thanks for sharing!

Bly

I don't own one but have seen a demo.
Amazing technology, very fast machine.
If you don't need to print vehicle wraps they would be great.
They do fast backlits too.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Any vinyl is a problem, every single sample I have received cracks.

Banner, fabric, and papers are amazing and vibrant. Their cost per print is skewed and the print speed is a bit misleading.

ProColorGraphics

I wasn't that impressed with the quality. One of my reps said the same thing. It'd be good if you needed to fly through rolls of banner material. I doubt you would like the quality compared to what you have been using.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The quality is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Seriously it's not like you view a banner millimetres away. Besides build a good profile for it and the colours will be great
And the ink's are not designed for vinyl printing/wrapping.

Banners, Wallpapers, blacklists ect. that's what its used for.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So my Rep told me a 3m machine is coming in Feb and some major changes to ink to allow for more flexibility. Again I'll have to see it to believe it but it is something still on our radar as we are growing in many areas beyond flexible vinyl.

Never used one but I know that it has a 4KW power consumption. A normal eco-sol printer uses 1,5KW and it heats up a small office pretty quickly - just something to take in consideration. As per specs it's also super duper heavy...

Last edited:

ScheelsPR

be aware I was inform by Canon Teck they stop the production of the printer because of software issue, O don't know if this is thru

I would be extremely interested in this report as we were just getting things finalized to have one on order - but will seriously need reconsideration if this is true...

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Never used one but I know that it has a 4KW power consumption. A normal eco-sol printer uses 1,5KW and it heats up a small office pretty quickly - just something to take in consideration. As per specs it's also super duper heavy...
4KW

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
I would be extremely interested in this report as we were just getting things finalized to have one on order - but will seriously need reconsideration if this is true...
Please let me know your experience once you get yours! Thanks

Has anyone tried printing on non laminated self adhesive vinyl for walls? Whether it's Avery MPI or 3M IJ35c does the UVgel need to be laminated or not?
I see previous posts about car wraps but what about flat surface with minor stretch? We specialiaze in mall graphics.

Luke Handford

We've got a Colorado 1640 & our primary workload is vinyl, and in all honesty, it causes us a lot of grief. We have brittle, cracking media very often.
I don't know how it fairs with banners and wallpapers, as I haven't printed any on the machine.
Plus the print speeds are very misleading, to get a decent image you have to print on 40m2ph or slower.