• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Oce Arizona 460?

PrintQueen

Hey y'all,

Looking for info on the Canon Oce Arizona 460 - if you are using it, do you love it? hate it? any tips, tricks, concerns, etc?

Also looking for a base price point on the Arizona 460 - we are looking at a few different machines, just got some budget approval, so i'm trying to scramble and get some info together on a few different flatbed options.. looking for a flatbed to print up to 4'x8', white ink option/clear spot, hybrid roll-to-roll option would be a plus..

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Hi PrintQueen,

Love the movie Office Space! :D

Take a look at the StratoJet lineup, we have the Shark 2512 (8x4) with and without a Roll2Roll.
You can add up to 13 colors including White and Clear and can add up to 9 print heads now or later (2 colors per head or 18 total). We are the manufacture and build to customer specs. Both are quite a bit faster, especially if you go to 2 or 3x CMYK. You can see our printers throughout AZ; in fact, we’ll have an open house in Phoenix the first week(s) in April.

https://stratojetusa.com/shark-2512
https://stratojetusa.com/shark-2512-r2r

Feel free to contact me at any time

Thanks

Dan Schaefer
Dan@StratoJetUSA.com

chinaski

Hey y'all,

Looking for info on the Canon Oce Arizona 460 - if you are using it, do you love it? hate it? any tips, tricks, concerns, etc?

Also looking for a base price point on the Arizona 460 - we are looking at a few different machines, just got some budget approval, so i'm trying to scramble and get some info together on a few different flatbed options.. looking for a flatbed to print up to 4'x8', white ink option/clear spot, hybrid roll-to-roll option would be a plus..

We have a 460XT. We bought it used in 2018 and paid €65K including install, new printhead, Caldera RIP software, training, etc. We're quite happy with it. Maintenance can be expensive (namely printheads) but we've never spent over €10k/year on maintenance in the 3 years since we've had it. Regardless, if you buy used, you should expect to pay a bit more in maintenance. Also, a good proposition to buy used if your volume isn't high or guaranteed. I'm under the impression that the 400-series is quite solid in comparison to other builds.

We use double-white and it can be very finicky to work with in terms of getting clean nozzles consistently, especially if you haven't used White-ink channel in a couple days. The more you use it the better it works. I think the clear spot (varnish) is a bit gimmicky and I would opt for double-white instead.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Great machine. Varnish is a waste of a channel. Double white is the way to go. pretty simple, reliable machine IMO. the RMO is also simply good.