• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon/Oce Inks

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
Does anybody know of a place that will buy back Canon/Oce Ink bags? Canon sent me five bags of IJC257 instead of IJC256 and won't let me exchange them since they are considered hazardous. I don't want to have to re-profile my printer for one bag change and then have to do it again later.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Does anybody know of a place that will buy back Canon/Oce Ink bags? Canon sent me five bags of IJC257 instead of IJC256 and won't let me exchange them since they are considered hazardous. I don't want to have to re-profile my printer for one bag change and then have to do it again later.

Did you order the wrong ones or they made the mistake? If they made the error, they should be refunding you and sending you the right ones.. I've had wrong ink sent to me before. They collected it and restocked it. sent me the right ones.

KSTrooper

Did you order the wrong ones or they made the mistake? If they made the error, they should be refunding you and sending you the right ones.. I've had wrong ink sent to me before. They collected it and restocked it. sent me the right ones.
It was our mistake, the person who got the email asking what colors we needed in IJC257 didn't know we use IJC256 (this person works in the front office, and has no experience with the printers) so they just told them we needed all 5 colors. I told Canon this, and they still said that they cannot accept returns on ink. Even though the invoice shows a restocking fee on returns! I'm not trying to get anything for free, I just want to exchange what I got for what I need.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
It was our mistake, the person who got the email asking what colors we needed in IJC257 didn't know we use IJC256 (this person works in the front office, and has no experience with the printers) so they just told them we needed all 5 colors. I told Canon this, and they still said that they cannot accept returns on ink. Even though the invoice shows a restocking fee on returns! I'm not trying to get anything for free, I just want to exchange what I got for what I need.
I dont see the issue about refunding them. tried speaking to someone else over the phone? if it says it on the invoice, then they have to restock it.

KSTrooper

I dont see the issue about refunding them. tried speaking to someone else over the phone? if it says it on the invoice, then they have to restock it.
Apparently it's all in who you talk to. I called the number on the invoice for returns instead of my sales rep and they seemed to think it wouldn't be an issue. I may have to eat the cost of the two bags that were opened but I'm ok with that. Just waiting to hear back from Canon.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Apparently it's all in who you talk to. I called the number on the invoice for returns instead of my sales rep and they seemed to think it wouldn't be an issue. I may have to eat the cost of the two bags that were opened but I'm ok with that. Just waiting to hear back from Canon.
Of corse it is, We have a good relationship with canons supplies centre. They know who we are and go by a first name basis.
It would be good if you know someone there as in someone you regularly speak to on the phone with when you call, then when you have an issue, ask for them and you'll most likely get what you ask for as they want to keep you happy.