• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't Believe I Fell For This Scam!!

GypsyGraphics

Last night i went to Netflix to watch a movie and a survey popped up. I've taken their survey's before and with their recent changes it seemed perfectly logical to have a survey that asked about their "instant play" movies. In hind sight, even the very first question was ridiculous, because they already know how often i use that service.

So this box pops up and asks me to participate in a 30 second survey and the chance to win either an iPad or MacBook Air. Yippy, i don't have an iPad and i'm feeling kinda lucky!

• Step 1: is a question like, how many streaming movies to you watch per week. 0-3, 4-7, 8-10,
  • Step 2: choose which drawing you want to be interred into, iPad or MacBook Air.
  • Step 3: name and email address
  • Step 4: THIS IS WERE THE RED FLAGS SHOULD HAVE BEEN RAISED...
    enter the drawing code that was just sent to your cell phone.
  • Step 5: AND FOR YOU SUCKERS STILL PLAYING ALONG..
    confirm your email address
  • Step 6: RUH_ROH!!!
    enter the conformation number that was just sent to your phone

aaaand now windows are popping up everywhere, that pretty much say "GOTCHA"
and i'm thinking but it's Netflix" i love Netflix, they're totally legit, they wouldn't do this! DUH!!!!

man are those hackers ever fast... my cell phone, with a number i've had for 10 years, and rarely give out, has been ringing all morning.

now i gotta call my husband and tell him what i did, before weird charges start showing up on the bill. i can tell you exactly what he's gonna say... "aaaand this why you shouldn't be allowed out of the house."
but, but i didn't even leave the house

Bigdawg

Just Me
Ouch. But at least this proves your online friends aren't imaginary...

gotta look for the silver lining :smile:

petepaz

wow that was close ! i thought you made the banners for rev. aurther bradson's church!!!

you better check with your phone carrier also because my daughter had that happen and it turns out these were considered premium text messages and we were getting charged for them

iSign

annnnd... this is why you'll no longer be able to stay home anymore either :wink:

RUH ROH!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(I just don't get the "I can't believe" part though???)

GypsyGraphics

Luuuuuuuuuuuucy! You got some 'splainin' to do!

signmeup... that would look like this

LucyCrying.jpg

and i'm more of this

ShirleyMad.jpg

not that it works any better... it just comes natural
even with my stubborn face... i'm still not gonna be able to shift all the blame on the dumb hackers, the big meanies!

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

annnnd... this is why you'll no longer be able to stay home anymore either :wink:
RUH ROH!!! (I just don't get the "I can't believe" part though???)

well it's up to him to find a place where i can't get into any trouble.
well believe it

take away her drivers license and her voting rights..
oh boy.... ya mean i get a driver, so i just say where i want to go?
and no more voting, so whatever i say, just goes?
wow this really working out great.. i just wish my iPad would hurry up and get here, that'll just be the cherry on the cake of this most excellent day!

phototec

S101 and maybe Facebook

i'm still waiting on that call... and still hopeful :clapping:

maybe i should wait to tell hubby till the iPad arrives... and i'll surprise him with it. oh that's a great idea! :tongue:

Well sh_t in one hand and hold out the other for the ipad, and see which one fills up FIRST!!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :clapping:

GypsyGraphics

This isn't turning out to be my luck day after all. So far three scams have been triggered.

• Scam #1: My name and cell phone number are being sold to telemarketers / Cost: nuisance
  • Scam #2: Guessology.com has send 4 text messages so far today, the last one read "will Justin Bieber announce a boy band by 8/31. text "aagq1" for yes or aagq2 for no. I hate to just guess on such a serious matter, so i didn't think it would be right to respond. / Cost: $10 for each text THEY SEND ME!!! Plus $10 per month! and who knows what i get charged if i were to actually respond! I wouldn't be surprised if there were additional fee for guessing wrong.
  • Scam #3: MyHoroscopesForecast.com / Cost: $10 for each text THEY SEND ME!!! Plus $10 per month! i wonder if they guess wrong if i get to charge them a fee?
Apparently these companies use some kind of premium provider, and don't need any kind of access approval or pin number, to be able to start billing your AT&T account. However, they did credit us back today's charges and added a "Purchase Blocker" to the account and we can set it to only allow charges from iTunes.

i beginning to think my iPad isn't coming :(

Mainframe

Bite the bullet and have them change your number, otherwise you are going to have to watch the account like crazy.

signage

GG look at it this way all those texts are coming from someone so your husband will now believe your Friends are real.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tim Aucoin

Awww, Gigi... I feel for you! It makes me want to send you a new iPad just to make you smile! :smile: PM me your name, address, phone#, cell#, bank acct# and shoe size and I'll get it out to you right away! :Big Laugh

But seriously... that does suck! The only escape may be to lose the number and get a new one!