• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't find engraving fonts.

ceaves

Have old XP PC that we used for years, finally got a new PC with Windows 8.1, copied the fonts folder over from the XP computer, everything installed great. On the old PC there are engraving fonts that I installed, can't remember from where. I cannot for the life of me find them on the HDD of the XP machine to move over. In Flexi they have a different icon next to the font name. The icon is FF. Searched HDD for the font name, or anything close to it and nothing ever returns on the search.

Any clues??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-11-03 09.16.44.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-11-03 09.16.44.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 83

ceaves

Yeah done that to no avail, only 3 types of files in that folder. None of them are the golden engraving fonts. :(

SteveR

Missing Fonts

Win XP sometimes stores fonts in the windows directory under "fonts" for some programs.

Try searching directly in the file folder of the program for a font folder folder as a second option.

You can try searching in the "control panel" for the "fonts" folder to see if they were installed there.

Engraving fonts for a program I use (ArtCam) has the engraving fonts hidden in a folder inside the main ArtCam program folder, that may be the case in your program also.

Hope this helps if you haven't found an answer to the problem yet.

SteveR

ceaves

There is a /Fonts folder under /Program/Modules in the flexi (lxi) folder but there's nothing in there but .dll files.

bross666

[h=2]I went to Flexi and picked one of those FF fonts, and then did a search for it, and nothing showed up, just like for you. Then I did a search for just font, and then went thru every folder until until I found it. The one I picked was "E Almond 1" it was located in, C:\Program Files\SAi\SAi Production Suite\FSFonts. Hope this helps[/h]