• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can't find this Font???

jfiscus

Rap Master
Well, here is a case that is a first for me:
I KNOW the name of the font - Gaviscon Bold Condensed.
However, I cannot find anything about it anywhere online (only references to heartburn medication).
Has anyone else heard of it or might they know a substitute for it?

It is the font used for the lettering in the attachment. I have vector art of the logo, but I need to create more matching text for their vehicle graphics.

Attachments

• Lovell Print Logo.jpg
    Lovell Print Logo.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 193

Marlene

how do you know the name of the font? did the customer tell you? I ask because I've been sent on some wild goose chases for fonts customers have provided the name of.

jfiscus

Rap Master
how do you know the name of the font? did the customer tell you? I ask because I've been sent on some wild goose chases for fonts customers have provided the name of.
I have the PDF of the image attached from the customer. When I open it with Illustrator it tells me that that is the missing font. I would attach the PDF here, but it is slightly over the attachment size limit.

scrip

1) First create a new document in Illustrator

2) Go to File -> Place and choose your PDF

3) Make sure the link box is checked and click Place. When the Place dialogue box pops up, click OK.

4) Go to Object -> Flatten Transparency...

Make sure Convert All Text to Outlines is checked and

click OK.

You can now release the clipping mask and move objects around.

shoresigns

1) First create a new document in Illustrator

2) Go to File -> Place and choose your PDF

3) Make sure the link box is checked and click Place. When the Place dialogue box pops up, click OK.

4) Go to Object -> Flatten Transparency...

Make sure Convert All Text to Outlines is checked and

click OK.

You can now release the clipping mask and move objects around.

I'd assume jfiscus already knows how to do that, and is trying to find the font so he can set new type.

shoresigns

I have the PDF of the image attached from the customer. When I open it with Illustrator it tells me that that is the missing font. I would attach the PDF here, but it is slightly over the attachment size limit.
Can you post a screenshot of the Missing Fonts window?

shoresigns

Looks like the Gaviscon heartburn medication brand uses a similar font in some of their packaging designs. They probably had a design agency customize the font and put their name on it instead of Sydney Serial/Opti Keene/Baker Signet.

Funny how it found its way into a plumbing company logo, though. Mystery solved, I guess.