• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't get 1 monitor back to "normal" after calibration

IsItFasst

So I got some new monitors a few months ago and I never calibrated them. My buddy shows up with an x-rite colormunki and asks if I want to use it to calibrate my displays. I figure, sure, why not. But my right monitor isn't anywhere close to having white anymore. I would say at best it is light gray but with the calibrated setting whites are almost a medium gray. I calibrated both monitors twice. The problem is I can't get the colors back to where they were on the right monitor. Even when I go into color management in Windows 10 and use the same profile on both monitors my left monitor is producing white and my right monitor is gray. My Intel graphics properties show these these as both having the same settings. But if I try to make any type of brightness/contrast even slightly it washes out. Monitors are both 32 LGs that I purchased at the same time. These monitors don't have any physical dial or buttons for color management so none of that could be touched. Colors matched up until a few hours ago. It's like the software went in and made something within the monitor be "default" that is off now. This is driving me nuts! Any suggestion on how to get this right monitor back to normal?

IsItFasst

Never mind. Found the monitors have a hidden button. For some reason when calibrating both monitors it went in and changed the settings within one monitor so brightness was turned down to 5/100 but only on the one. Not sure why the other monitor went back to normal and this one didn't but at least it is solved now.