• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can't get accurate colors (grays) with Versaworks Roland 545EX

Smkmit22

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Happy to see there is a place were all large format printer owners gather.
I'm hoping i'm able to get some help with a issue i can't resolve.

I have a old but good Roland 545EX. I'm trying to get a decent print out of it.
Currently i'm trying to print canvas cotton 300G.
The issue, all the colors are going pretty well with the profile i created, but i keep getting issues with the gray. The results have a green or blue or yellow tint in the gray. All other colors work pretty wel.

My feeling is that my profile is incorrect. I used the Generetic Vinyl 1 as template.

Does anybody have any idea how to correct the colors?

Thanks and best regards

KingofProcrasta

I assume you achieve acceptable grays on other media? Use your ‘profile’ to optimize ink load and color gamut to get close to your target. Single color reproduction issues can be changed in your source application like Photoshop. The limitation of 1-black plus CMY Lc Lm build will always be a challenge.

And if after printing you seal the print the varnish may change the reflectivity. My blacks always look better.
Good luck.

Adam24

Hi It happened to me I went in the raster settings and changed it I don't know exactly what its called but I can let you know in the morning