• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant get roland pnc 1000 to cut right

chitoon

when i cut the words i cut say Jim they are next to each other when i cut it cuts 1 then moves the vynal 7 inches then cuts the other what to do? jim using cordraw 8 and signtools 3

OldPaint

you sayin that it cuts J, then move 7 inches and then cuts M, or another J?????
you need to CONVERT TO CURVES....THEN COMBINE
and it should stop doin that...

chitoon

resolved that now how do i fix where i can only cut 1 thing at a time when i hit cut it tells me cutter is busy i use to be able cut one thing and hit cut again on another item and it would cut after it finished cutting that item again thanks for all your help i use this sight now for about 2 yrs again thanks Jim

chitoon

is there any help here?

any help seems i ask a question but no answer that sucks trying to get roland 1000 pnc to work with signtool3 had it a bout a 3 months now cant get it to do any thing can some 1 help me walk me thru it i have xp machine supose to cut for my subdivision a sign but will have to tell them to get a pro to cut it i think i will take a hammer to this machine any 1 there Jim

chitoon

i have been messing with this for weks

diceded to take it to a cumputer tech tomarrow i will pay the $250.00 a hour at best buy tomarrow got to get this done but i can see nobody is here have to find a forum where there are people next time wasted a lot of time here for nothing thanks every one for nothing Jim

Techman

YA? u expect someone to jump when u demand? Welcome to the real world.. If you pay $250 an hour for a techy to take a look then u really don't need our help.. You need a different tech.

You post and expect someone to answer you in 20 minutes? Well fine.

chitoon

by trade i am a fireman 15 yrs now

you wont get rich cutting this vinyl .went out and bought a refurbashed computer $247.00 and it works fine no help to this forum it was cheaper to buy a new unit then wait for you sarcastic remarks if you look at a lot of the remarks here they love to make people look stup i ed and if thats all you have to do so be ya but if i looked at people in need (fire) and said this guy is stup i ed i will let him or her burn that would be your att u tue d not mine i fine that this is not the place to ask for help

cOrKinSA

You actually used a Period Chitoon!!!
Maybe the reason nobody will help you is because reading your posts is like reading a MadLibs!

Capital Signs

Man, come on now. Give people a time to react! People do want to help, but you need to be patient to "RECEIVE" the help. Ask and you shall receive, but that means patience and cooperation as well. Not just GIMME GIMME GIMME.

chitoon

i tryed to load coral draw 9 and signtools3

and this is the screen i get i have sent these pics to coral draw to see if they can fix what i have done wrong AND PLEASE IF YOU ONLY HAVE SMART REMARKS PLEASE KEEP THEM TO YOUR SELF LOOKING FOR HELP HERE NOT SMART A@$ CRITISIAM

Attachments

• New Image2.jpg
    New Image2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 172
  • pic of screen.jpg
    pic of screen.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 157
  • New Image3.jpg
    New Image3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 126

chitoon

does any 1 use coral draw 9

or signstools 3 an if so how do you get them to load both programs so they fit togeather i am supose to load coraldraw then signstool 3 and they are supose to work togeather but coral draw loads but signstool 3 wont what is one to do? when i load signs tool 3 i now get this message

Attachments

• DSC00840.jpg
    DSC00840.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 148

CribIt

I 've been using a PNC-1000 for 12 years now with Corel 5 & 10 along with Flexicut.
What EXACTLY is it you are trying to do? One of those images is just saying your layout is going off the edge of the paper. The other is just a text box like Techman said. SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO CUT!

Are you trying to cut directly from Corel or what?
Try exporting your artwork and then open it up in the cutting program.

Sorry for wasting your time again.:wink:

chitoon

any thing i try to cut does not work

if i had the word Jim at say 200 pts or say 3"by 5" and i hit cut i get nothing cutter starts up the motor on the pnc then shuts down i move the word and my sheet any where in the cutting box and still nothing .when i hit cut it disapears same as deleat item this is my cutting software when i try to load i get this message this software and coraldraw are supose to work togeather i cant get signs to load

Attachments

• DSC00840.jpg
    DSC00840.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 146

cOrKinSA

Have you tried to uninstall both programs and then installed Signtool first?
I know I had to uninstall CorelDraw before I installed Corel DRAWings.
Are you working with legal software? Give them a call if you are having this much trouble.

OldPaint

sounds to me like you got the ORIGIN on the plotter goin the wrong way....do you have the startup manual for the PNC-1000?

chitoon

now i am told by signstool3

that my windows xp is messed up so i am waiting for a copy of xp i ordered thru windows to see if that fixes it dont understand cause computer works fine

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Jim,
please fix your spelling in future enquiries, and be really clear in what you have done, and how, and what you would like. Some capital letters, and the word 'one' rather than 1 when you mean 'anyone' would be a great help. Otherwise, my impression is you're just being arrogant and sloppy- not the kind of person I'd feel inclined to help. Signwriters should take pride in clarity & good communication. If you're not a signwriter, then maybe that explains it...
Please also fix your attitude.
I have just read this thread, and would possibly be able to help, but I am inclined to skip the whole thing when I read how you are complaining.

However,
the PNC1000s when they work, are fine, and when they don't work, are a pain.
Frequently the problem is neither hardware nor software, but meatware- that's what is between the chair and the keyboard. In otherwords, the problem is that somebody has not got something set up right.

I haven't got a clue what you may have set up wrongly, but there are plenty of places to go off on the wrong course in the whole process.

When was your plotter last used? What operating system was used then? What cutting program was used then? Can't you ask the person you bought it from to help you?

I've worked two PNC1000s from corel, version 7,9, 10 & X3, with Win98 & XP. Also I've used Signtools version 2. All are fine programs. They do work. I'd like to get Signtools 3 one day- it's a great help for a beginner- but it should have come with an instruction book. You also have to register and get an unlock code from the makers.

The settings needed to get the plotter to work with Win98 and those to work from XP are different, and are adjusted on the console- they relate to rotate x & y. You need Mode 2 set. HPGL language option. Use a standard parallel printer cable.

You also need to add a hairline outline to text.

Signtools should have its own printer/plotter driver, but you will need the correct driver for your operating system, and for the machine. Our PNC1000 would not work with the driver for 1000, but needed the driver for 1000A.

You also have to plot via the File>Print Preview avenue, so you can position the file on the media where it will waste the least material, then send to printer from there when it's OK.

The learning curve and all the options cannot be climbed by demanding answers from here- you will have to get over them yourself, and figure out a lot, yourself.

Failing that, you could employ a signwriter who has learned this wonderful profession to do the work properly and on time for you, whthout complaining about him charging for his valuable time and experience.

Have you ever heard of the words 'please' & 'thank you' ? They'll help you a lot in the future...but this is the end of my help in this thread.