• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't Install Driver for Designjet 5000ps

pabacker66

We recently bought a Designjet 5000ps from a company going out of business for a great price, but it didn't come with any cd's and when I download the driver from Hp's website, it is a self expanding zip file and when it expands, there is no setup or .exe file inside. When I read the "read me" file inside, it has instructions of how to install the driver with the cd (that I don't have) Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Snydo

Have you tried using 'add Printer' in windows, then browse to the folder the .zip files were extracted to?

lodcomm

Hi PaBacker,

What OS are you attempting the install on? - Assuming windows - you will have to do as syndo outlined. Unzip the drivers file you got from HP, Make note of the location of the folder created during the unizp. Then go into settings/Add Printer, when the "Wizard" asks, you can select on "Have Disk", then from that dialog, browse to the folder that was created when you unzipped the driver .zip. (You may have to navigate to the sub-folder that contains any ".inf" FIles). and click on OK..

-t

bttweb

for the meantime .. submit your job thru its builtin web app... http:// <ip address of the printer >