Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't open these PLT files.

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by TwoNine, Jul 16, 2012.

1. TwoNine

TwoNine Active Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I am wondering if someone could do me a huge favor and open two plt files and re-save them as an older version of Omega and create a pdf of them while you have them open. I appreciate it greatly!!

:help

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Send them to the email in my signature. I need to know what version you want them saved as.

3. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Export as eps. And import into old ga software.

4. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    :readthread:

The OP had been given PLT files done in a later version of Omega than they have. As such, they cannot open them, much less export them to EPS.

Their problem was handled yesterday, however, by me since I have Omega 5.

5. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    So omega 5 opens old plt files from ga?!?! I have omega 4 and ga. So i can export a file as eps from omega 4 and import to ga. Or vice versa

6. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Any version of Omega will save back to earlier version including GA. There is no need to export, just click on Save As and select the file format from the drop down list.

7. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    True that.