• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Canvas textured wall film advise

Trying to decide which printable self-adhesive, repositionable or permanant canvas wall film will be best for this job... 36"high × 100' mural. Photographer supplied panoramic artwork.Customer would like a canvas look. It will be installed over smooth FRP.
What would be your recommended film for this type of print? Will be using solvent ink.

THANKS!

clarizeyale

Phototex OPAS is what we use. There are different kinds (more removable, more permanent).. OPAS means Solvent and I print this on our Mutoh 1624. DO NOT get OPA as this is meant for Non-solvent printers. Learned this the hard way LOL

But be wary, some LOT# boxes tend to have something wrong with them :( We'd buy 2 boxes and 1 will be fine and the other with a diff LOT# will have weird stuff going on with the print (looks washy or something)

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Trying to decide which printable self-adhesive, repositionable or permanant canvas wall film will be best for this job... 36"high × 100' mural. Photographer supplied panoramic artwork.Customer would like a canvas look. It will be installed over smooth FRP.
What would be your recommended film for this type of print? Will be using solvent ink.

THANKS!

Phototex is good but what I have is truly GREAT, I carry real canvas with wall adhesive if you are interested.

Phototex is good but what I have is truly GREAT, I carry real canvas with wall adhesive if you are interested.
Yes I'd like to see what you have to offer!!
Customer is now looking at something removable since my post. Can you accommodate? If so, how do we get details?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yes I'd like to see what you have to offer!!
Customer is now looking at something removable since my post. Can you accommodate? If so, how do we get details?

Yes, my material will stay up as long as you want but you can also come remove it whenever you need to. Email me at jcormany@gansink.com and I will get you all setup. I have it in different colors besides white also.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We've used GF Concept 229 for several jobs. It works well but find it is finicky when it come to the surface it goes on. Certain paints affect it's adhesion (common problem with most wall vinyl really). I would test the surface first, or do the alcohol prep treatment before installing.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Phototex OPAS is what we use. There are different kinds (more removable, more permanent).. OPAS means Solvent and I print this on our Mutoh 1624. DO NOT get OPA as this is meant for Non-solvent printers. Learned this the hard way LOL

But be wary, some LOT# boxes tend to have something wrong with them :( We'd buy 2 boxes and 1 will be fine and the other with a diff LOT# will have weird stuff going on with the print (looks washy or something)
Phototex isn't canvas look.

burgmurk

Phototex isn't canvas look.

"Canvas" comes in a huge variety of finishes. sure the phototex texture might not be the first thing you think of when someone says canvas, but i'd be showing it to the customer.
That stuff is so nice to install and remove, it's definitely worth a try.

clarizeyale

"Canvas" comes in a huge variety of finishes. sure the phototex texture might not be the first thing you think of when someone says canvas, but i'd be showing it to the customer.
That stuff is so nice to install and remove, it's definitely worth a try.

LOL thanks. I may not be an expert but this is what we show to clients who are looking for a canvas/wallpaper ish look.

We love this cuz seaming, installing, and all is a breeze. would love an opportunity to try other products but we don't often get the chance to.

--

We once had to install a full on store mural, top to bottom, AND the ceiling for a company that sells sundresses worth a 1 bedroom apartment in San Francisco (that's like $2500 in case you didn't know)

The client misinformed us where to start the mural and we almost had a heart attack cuz we already put down most of the wall.. Luckily this stuff was easy to lift up and reapply so we moved a wholeee wall over cuz the panels/start was wrong... I think this was one of our first times ever using phototex and though this was a nightmare of a job, we really liked the material and it has been a go to for us for the past few years.

Last edited:

bmt Promotions

bmt Promotions
There are different kinds (more removable, more permanent).. OPAS means Solvent and I print this on our Mutoh 1624. DO NOT get OPA as this is meant for Non-solvent printers.