• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Capping Station help please!

Wencas

I've been trying to fix my JV3 myself with little knowledge. I'm really glad to find this site.
The black head started partially printing the test print block. I replaced the dampers, but lost most of the black test print block. I discovered the black lines were empty at the pump so I suctioned the lines. I tried to do a head soak and discovered the fluid runs right down on the black head capping station.

I tried to remove the capping station to check the line below it and the springs flew. I lost one of them. Can't find it anywhere.
I taped some paper towel soaked in cleaning fluid over the heads while I try to solve the capping station problem.

Any advice? I don't know if I can even get it put back together once I locate the spring!

Thanks for any help with servicing an out of warranty JV3.

eddesign

capping

never took the capping station apart just replaced the whole unit as for the leaking black station that is a bad pump or bad hose

Wencas

I did replace it with a similar spring that I had to cut down a little - the springs I found in my pens were too short.
So far it seems to be working. I was able to carefully put it back together and it doesn't seem to be rubbing.
I still have a problem with the left damper line not staying filled although I did get it to stop letting fluid drain through the cap. I just replaced the pump last year, but maybe I need another one? Would that cause the top third of the test print block to drop out?

Thanks for your inputs!!