• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Wrap Design Cost?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
2014 Chevy Mailbu is the make and model. I am looking to wrap one of the company vehicles but I want to turn it into a little contest where the winner gets a free wrap kit and we will submit an article about it in some of the magazines with your info. Our new wrap kit is the same kit that Grimco is also dealing and the response has been the same that you guys have shared, its really good stuff and it has been too successful so far and keeping inventory has been a nightmare.

I am the judge and will be making the choice on the winner. I don't know what I want so I am reaching out to the creative minds on here but am willing to pay for it. I do need my logo implemented in it somehow though.

Attachments

• GansDigitalLogoBig.png
    GansDigitalLogoBig.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 319

OADesign

+1 for the vector of the logo.
And is a vector template too much to ask for on this one? (just wondering)

Also, are you going to add rules? Deadlines? Restrictions? Cash prize amount?
Sounds like fun and I want to play.

2014 Chevy Mailbu is the make and model. I am looking to wrap one of the company vehicles but I want to turn it into a little contest where the winner gets a free wrap kit and we will submit an article about it in some of the magazines with your info. Our new wrap kit is the same kit that Grimco is also dealing and the response has been the same that you guys have shared, its really good stuff and it has been too successful so far and keeping inventory has been a nightmare.

I am the judge and will be making the choice on the winner. I don't know what I want so I am reaching out to the creative minds on here but am willing to pay for it. I do need my logo implemented in it somehow though.

fresh

i am normally completely against "design contests" since it trivializes creative industries (you don't ask 3 accountants to do your taxes and only pay for the one that has the best outcome, right?)

Anyway, this sounds like fun and the prize is actually worthwhile. If you could share a template and your vector logo I'm in!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
+1 for the vector of the logo.
And is a vector template too much to ask for on this one? (just wondering)

Also, are you going to add rules? Deadlines? Restrictions? Cash prize amount?
Sounds like fun and I want to play.

I don't have any vector for the car unfortunately. Yes I will think of some rules and a deadline, I was feeling the waters to see if anyone would even be interested. I could offer $300 cash prize but was thinking an $850 wrap kit would be a good prize also.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
i am normally completely against "design contests" since it trivializes creative industries (you don't ask 3 accountants to do your taxes and only pay for the one that has the best outcome, right?)

Anyway, this sounds like fun and the prize is actually worthwhile. If you could share a template and your vector logo I'm in!

Yeah I can understand that, I was just trying to make it a fun little thing to do.

AKwrapguy

So a few questions...

First what's you budget for wrapping the vehicle?

Are you looking for a full wrap or partial wrap?

What color is the car? Can you post a pic?

What are the capabilities of the company/person printing and installing?

What's your timeline for this project?

Do you have any specific requirements needed in this wrap? Phone, Web, Logo, Colors?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So a few questions...

First what's you budget for wrapping the vehicle?

Are you looking for a full wrap or partial wrap?

What color is the car? Can you post a pic?

What are the capabilities of the company/person printing and installing?

What's your timeline for this project?

Do you have any specific requirements needed in this wrap? Phone, Web, Logo, Colors?

I have no budget for the wrap.
Full Wrap.
The Car is Red/Maroon. I will get a pic.
I deal with a lot of great installers so that's no problem.
My timeline would be 3 months give or take. Not a super hot rush.
For Specific Info, I am coming up with that. Phone and Website will probably be it.
I am looking for something pretty crazy though. When people see it, they should think its super cool.

AKwrapguy

I have no budget for the wrap.
Full Wrap.
The Car is Red/Maroon. I will get a pic.
I deal with a lot of great installers so that's no problem.
My timeline would be 3 months give or take. Not a super hot rush.
For Specific Info, I am coming up with that. Phone and Website will probably be it.
I am looking for something pretty crazy though. When people see it, they should think its super cool.

A super cool chevy malibu? Not sure if that possible no matter the graphic package.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not design it like a Stealth Bomber ?? At least no one can judge it ??
¤

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Best to have straight on side shots (not like the one above), and the back too. With some sort of reference measurement i.e. door width etc.

neato

I almost got excited until you said "I am looking for something pretty crazy though. When people see it, they should think its super cool."

Diamond plate? Flames? ;)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm normally against contests of this kind but I admit I got a little excited, till I saw your logo... your brand needs a makeover... woof!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I almost got excited until you said "I am looking for something pretty crazy though. When people see it, they should think its super cool."

Diamond plate? Flames? ;)

Lol sorry about that, no definitely not carbon fiber or flames. I will pull a couple examples of my idea of crazy.