• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carbon Monoxide PSA

rjssigns

If you don't have carbon monoxide detectors drop what you're doing and get them now. All the big box stores sell CO detectors and they're dirt cheap. No excuse not to have them.
One in our bedroom went off at 70ppm. Fire department came by and did a thorough check. Firefighter said 10ppm is starting danger level. 100ppm is toxic. Without that 12 dollar box on the wall I may not have been here to warn you.

signage

glad you had one and good to let others know. Hope you fixed what ever caused the levels to raise!

rjssigns

glad you had one and good to let others know. Hope you fixed what ever caused the levels to raise!

Pretty sure the heat exchanger on the furnace split open.

Shut it down last night and have a call in to a friends HVAC shop. Thankfully there's an electric unit heater in the basement and a fireplace in the living room. Maintaining 64 degrees running the unit heater and leaving the basement door open. Not too shabby considering it was 6 degrees F this morning.

Reveal1

We occasionally use those propane heaters when working on trailers, usually in customer unheated warehouse - never thought of using a detector, but maybe not a bad idea to have one plugged in nearby.

rjssigns

But if your house is all electric, like ours, they are pretty unnecessary.

Funny you should mention that. Going to talk to my friend about a whole house mini-split. Wife is afraid to sleep now. Figure all electric might be the way to go. We shall see. Shop foreman will be here within the hour to take measurements.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glad everything worked out for ya. :goodpost:

We've had 'em for years and it only ever went off once. Not a false alarm, but was very sensitive and I forget what, but something stupid set it off. We check them and the fire alarms twice a year.

Gene@mpls

We put a largish minisplit in our 25x70 install Bay this last spring and it is amazing... as an ac and to reduce humidity- don't expect a lot of heat.

rjssigns

We put a largish minisplit in our 25x70 install Bay this last spring and it is amazing... as an ac and to reduce humidity- don't expect a lot of heat.

Shop foreman just left. Getting the latest gas fired unit with self monitoring and alerts through the wi-fi stat. He has the same unit in his house and he can have anything on the market. I feel that's a solid recommendation.
Hopefully I can set up CO alerts to my phone. Rarely leave without the dog, but why take a chance?

rjssigns

Shop foreman just left. Getting the latest gas fired unit with self monitoring and alerts through the wi-fi stat. He has the same unit in his house and he can have anything on the market. I feel that's a solid recommendation.
Hopefully I can set up CO alerts to my phone. Rarely leave without the dog, but why take a chance?