Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardboard Box Gluer

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by jasonx, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Anyone here make boxes for packaging etc?

Do you have a machine to glue the boxes? Or doing it with a hot melt gun manually?

We've ordered a Zund and want to make custom boxes based on the size of the order and looking for an effective way to glue the boxes together. This is for the box section not closing the boxes which we use tape for.

Don't really want to use a stapler as it might damage whats inside.

Tags:
  2. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

3. DigitalSolutions

DigitalSolutions Member

May 23, 2011
    My shop also runs a Packing and shipping center. We make and modify lots of boxes. The best thing that i have used is double sided carpet tape, have also used banner hem tape on smaller box projects.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We just get boxes from U-Line.

5. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Uline boxes are on sale until January sometime.....

6. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Cheers guys. We ended up getting a hand held glue gun.

We actually want to make our own boxes on our zund when it arrives. We do so many custom sized orders it would be best to have a perfect sized carton/box of whatever we were packaging. We need to glue the glue flap for the box that's why we were asking.

Autobox in the UK do one called a promelt: http://www.autobox.co.uk/promelt_product_spec.html

Abit pricey for what we need at first.

7. darrell

darrell New Member

Jan 5, 2013
  8. night eagle

night eagle Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Crowley tx
    i know a lot of pack and ships that use a heavy paper tape machine for this. it wets the tape and allows for a really strong seamless bond. i use a heavy box stapler for these projects and that seems to hold it well. i guess it depends on how the quantity of boxes you are building. if your doing a lot, a hot glue gun is gonna get old real fast

mark galoob