• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cardboard Box Gluer

jasonx

Anyone here make boxes for packaging etc?

Do you have a machine to glue the boxes? Or doing it with a hot melt gun manually?

We've ordered a Zund and want to make custom boxes based on the size of the order and looking for an effective way to glue the boxes together. This is for the box section not closing the boxes which we use tape for.

Don't really want to use a stapler as it might damage whats inside.

My shop also runs a Packing and shipping center. We make and modify lots of boxes. The best thing that i have used is double sided carpet tape, have also used banner hem tape on smaller box projects.

jasonx

Cheers guys. We ended up getting a hand held glue gun.

We actually want to make our own boxes on our zund when it arrives. We do so many custom sized orders it would be best to have a perfect sized carton/box of whatever we were packaging. We need to glue the glue flap for the box that's why we were asking.

Autobox in the UK do one called a promelt: http://www.autobox.co.uk/promelt_product_spec.html

Abit pricey for what we need at first.

mark galoob

i know a lot of pack and ships that use a heavy paper tape machine for this. it wets the tape and allows for a really strong seamless bond. i use a heavy box stapler for these projects and that seems to hold it well. i guess it depends on how the quantity of boxes you are building. if your doing a lot, a hot glue gun is gonna get old real fast

mark galoob