• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cardboard meterboard (1m) sign bases (Trade Show, Expo, Displays...etc.)

valleyexpo4950

Hello,

These are cardboard meter board bases. I am trying to find a company that can or has produced these before. I am near the Chicago area and that would be preferable. I know someone out there has seen them before and someone has produced them before but it is not easy to search for and I was hoping for some help on here. Check out the photos for what it is I am looking for.

Thanks.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN1788.jpg
    DSCN1788.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,748
  • DSCN1789.jpg
    DSCN1789.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,017
  • DSCN1790.jpg
    DSCN1790.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,749

dlndesign

This is the first time I have seen these, are they used for 1/2" Flacon Board or Ultraboard, how tall can you go with them? I have used mighty stands that are similar, but 2 individual 18 gauge metal that screw through the bottom of the piece and hold up to 6'.

http://www.cmykthis.com

iprint

Midas Event Supply carries them as well and are cheaper if I recall correctly. They do not show them on their website (midaseventsupply.com), but you can call them and they do carry them. We have our own die for 38" wide bases and source them from a local box company to save on shipping as they are bulky.

blake616

These have been growing in popularity due to their convenience and customization. The material for the meter board is 1/2' thick and is normally 7' tall. Going to 8ft using 1/2" foamcore leads to curving, however foamcore even at 7' tall can still curve. Falcon and gator are ideal substrates, but foamcore is the cheapest substrate for sure. 24" and 38" are our widths and are standard in the events industry. We can custom print on the bases and produce whatever color. You will need to be aware that the bottom 6" of the board slip into the base.

Val47

These have been growing in popularity due to their convenience and customization. The material for the meter board is 1/2' thick and is normally 7' tall. Going to 8ft using 1/2" foamcore leads to curving, however foamcore even at 7' tall can still curve. Falcon and gator are ideal substrates, but foamcore is the cheapest substrate for sure. 24" and 38" are our widths and are standard in the events industry. We can custom print on the bases and produce whatever color. You will need to be aware that the bottom 6" of the board slip into the base.
I read that twice, and I'm wondering..
1. What that reply had to do with the op
2. That was a srange resurrection of a zombie thread.