• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

carriage belt installation DesignJet 450?

anozira02

Just installed a new carriage belt on my DesignJet 450c. I noticed when I turned on the plotter the carriage moves to the right end of the plotter but when it returns to the cradle it get stuck there moving slightly back and forth like if it stuck or something? Is there any calibration or something I need to do so that it would move back and forth like it should...Can anyone give me some input on this?

Mspec

I don't know specifically about that printer, but on most units the carriage is driven by a DC servo motor, and in order to stay in one place it actually has the power cycle the polarity very quickly. Sometimes a too loose or tight belt can cause the carriage to oscillate as the motor is trying to stay in one place, but the carriage is seeing encoder ticks.

Long story short, try and adjust your belt tension...

anozira02

I installed the encoder and the cartridge carriage still hangs up in the stall just chatters back and forth trying to get out of there...soon after I get all 3 error lights turning orange under the CANCEL button... anyone knows how to fix this problem?