• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carrying Brackets for Roland XR640 printer. Okay to install on bottom?

redprint

Hello all,

I have a Roland XR640 that I need moved up a flight of stairs. I have moved a Roland SC-540ex printer and it had two brackets on the bottom of it that installed two round bars bolted into it to use as handles to lift. 4 people could use the bars and 1 person on each end. The Roland XR640 does not have these brackets nor bars that came with the printer like the SC-540ex printer did. Does Roland not want these mounted on the bottom of the XR640 because of a structural issue? Or could we install these on the bottom of the XR640 like they are on the SC-540ex? I would assume the frame should be similar, but maybe they can't have holes drilled and tapped to accept bolts because it would put to much pressure on the bottom? Anyone have any ideas? It seems to be way better lifting the bars than to try to find a spot on the printer to grab. I couldn't find any part listed in the XC-540ex manual so it seems these brackets could be an option to help carry.

rjssigns

What about where the legs attach?

When I moved my Mutoh down a flight of stairs I built a sled for it.
Sled got hooked to a one ton Tug-It(chain hoist) anchored to the floor with a custom plate.
Took the wife and I about half an hour to slide it down the steps. Roland came up the same way with a different sled.
Used an engine hoist for lifting duties. Sounds complex, but it was a piece of cake.

Dealer and tech both said; "there ain't no way you're gettin' that down there". Told them they lacked imagination.:D

Helped that I have an extensive fabrication and rigging background plus the tools to make it happen.