• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cars explode when they get wet

rjssigns

Hmmm... lets see. High amp discharge rate lithium battery pack and electrically conductive salt water covering ALL positive/negative poles simultaneously. What could possibly go wrong.:rolleyes:

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
yikes. guess the engineers will point their collective fingers at the accountants, while they scream behind their calculators and point at the designers, who then after waking up from their heat induced faint, point at the engineers. To bad Karma Doesn't rotate.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
simple solution? Dont park your 100k car anywhere near a hurricane.

binki

I can think of several times we were in a near flood state in our car. I can't imagine the thing blowing up on me. I will pass on this one.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It looks like if you are inside when it goes off you might not be able to get out with all the airbags holding you down but at least you'll see it coming as the interior light will turn on:

The Karma's cabin comes standard with 8 airbags: a front dual advanced restraint system with knee, full-length side curtain and seat side airbags. In the event of an impact, the Karma's onboard systems trigger several safety response actions, such as shutting down the high voltage battery and fuel pump systems, automatically unlocking the doors, and turning on the interior and hazard lights.

wayne k
guam usa

cajun312

Didn't the government loan this company money in the last 4 years?

Yes. Just a few hundred million I think. The Karma is built in Europe. Fisker was supposed to build a family car at an old gm plant in Pennsylvania but I think deal has fallen apart.