• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cart error on all colours

bsm

Hi All.
Mutoh VJ1604 running Inkwin 440ml carts. Firmware 1.13. Replaced the Yellow cart yesterday and came up with error "not original". Have checked chip position and its ok. powered on and off a few times with no luck. Now I just restarted the printer and it is coming up with the error on all colours. Has anyone ever come across this before.
I have been using the Inkwin inks for nearly 2 years now with no probs.

Cheers Brad.

heyskull

I have had similar issues, in fact twice in the last 6 months.
Take all the cartridges out and shine a torch into the cartridge bays.
Check the internal card readers (the part the card chip touches).
If damaged they can short out and make the chip unreadable.
These can be replaced if a little fiddly.

SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
[k]S/C ReadErr
on Mutoh ValueJet 1604
PLEASE HELP....

There are 3 possibilities. The most likely one is that the card is damaged or corrupt. In that case you just need to get a new cartridge or try to get a new card from the person you bough the ink from. Second is card position. If the card is not lining up with the reader properly, you will get this error. Check for anything that may be keeping it from making contact. The least likely possibility is that the card reader, junction board and/or main board is failing.