• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE 5000 worth keeping?

I purchased a CE5000-120 a while back thinking I was getting a good cutter for a good deal. When I first set it up I had a lot of problems trying to get it to read registration marks and then I had an issue trying to update the firmware, so I just gave up on it for the time being and went back to using my old cutter. I was talking to my local Graphtec dealer, and he said that the CE series will not do what I am wanting to do and my best bet would be to sell it and get a newer Graphtec. I didn't want to rush to conclusions based on the advice of a salesman though, so I thought I would get input from everyone here. This cutter will spend most of its life contour cutting reflective material and contour cutting accuracy is important to me. Is it worth keeping or should I give up on it and try to find something else?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The CE5000 is fully capable of cutting contour cuts and reflective vinyl. It won't cut the diamond grade stuff but anything that is similar to vinyl it will cut. The 5000 was a good model and is only out of date by 1 generation. If you set it up right, as long as nothing is broken, it should do what you need it to do.

Phenex

I have one as well and still use it in my shop. I have no trouble cutting with this machine and is a backup for my FC8600.

I would definitely keep it.