• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE5000-60 // errors HP-GL & MARKERROR

DEL220

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm hoping there are
some expert Graphtec people out there that can help me. :smile:

I just bought a new CE5000-60 and working on OSX 10.5 and using Illus. CS3.

I seem to be getting one of the errors each time I send something
via the Cutting Master 2. It is definitely setting a signal to the printer,
printer will act like it's working and scan with the red laser in 45 degree
angle for a bit and then show either MARKERROR or HP-GL ERROR.

My test piece is not complex and don't think it has anything to do with
the errors it's throwing.

I really hope it's something in the software or settings, I had know idea
there would be any issues from day one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you - Del

Bigdawg

Just Me
You need to change the language to run Cutting Master from Illustrator (or at least I did using a PC backend). I'm not at work so I don't have the instructions with me, but I found them on graphtecamerica.com in the support and download section.

DEL220

Thank you Stacy J - I will look into that and report back if that does
the trick. Either way I will let you know.

Thanks so much. Del

Cutting Master software requires that the plotter use the GPGL (Graphtec Plotter Graphics Language). The language setting is set via firmware in the plotter itself, through the control panel on the device.

Bob

DEL220

Hi Bob - It seems that on the control panel the GPGL is already selected. Any other thoughts to this MARKERROR?

DEL220

Hello again. I really thought this site would provide me with much
quicker answers. Thank you Bob for the GPGL info, however I'm still
getting a MARKERROR when I send my file via Cut/Plot.

The cutter responds to the sending....starts to scan at a 45 degree angle
back and forth for about 10 secs, then stops and throws the error.

Anyone else out there with anything?

Thanks you.

schurms

Are you plotting vinyl or contour cutting ? Sounds like your plotter thinks it is looking for marks for contour cutting. I would contact Graphtec , they helped me with a issue.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just reread your last post. You are not positioning the eye correctly and it can't find the register marks. You will just have to play with that - but I line my mark up with the groove that is used for the cross-cut. I've also gotten in the practice of hitting Origin twice once I position the eye.

DEL220

I am only cutting vinyl. I know this is a silly question...but no question is
stupid right? :smile: Do I manually have to put the reg marks on the vinyl?
I put them on the file using the Cutter Master 2 link where it adds a new layer for them....that's easy.

It seems the cutter is looking for those reg marks, and when it doesn't find
them after a few passes(at an angle) it gives me the error.

Origin button? How does that work? I have to be honest, Graphtec does a pretty poor job of explaining there product.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Take off the register marks and just cut. You should be fine then. It is trying to read the marks and if you are not doing a print/cut you don't need them.

graffitichic

I have the same cutter and Have used the graphtec support phone number -they are really awesome. They walked me through a few errors I also received..... try them. You will get faster response time:)

signage

The registration marks are for lining up printed graphics to be contour cut! If you are just cutting you just need to send the vectorized art work to the plotter.

Case

I am only cutting vinyl. I know this is a silly question...but no question is
stupid right? :smile: Do I manually have to put the reg marks on the vinyl?
I put them on the file using the Cutter Master 2 link where it adds a new layer for them....that's easy.

It seems the cutter is looking for those reg marks, and when it doesn't find
them after a few passes(at an angle) it gives me the error.

Origin button? How does that work? I have to be honest, Graphtec does a pretty poor job of explaining there product.

I completely disagree. If you read their manual. Everything is in there. The full manual comes on the cd with the plotter. It completely explains the "origin" button and everything else in there.

Case

DEL220

Hi Case... I did read the manual...apparently my manual was missing unless you consider a folded piece of paper the manual with nothing relating to MAC or anything to a specific cutter, never mentioning "origin". Trust me.

Don't worry, all has been resolved - THANK YOU Brian & Stacy J. The registration marks were the issue all along. You would think that on their tutorial videos they would mention something regarding that if your only cutting you don't need them.

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Del

easuful

can't find first registeration mark of newly bought CE5000-60!!

:goodpost: Hi Del, I meet exactly the same problem as you described! I just purchased a GRAPHTEC CE5000-60 and my nightmare starts from it.... I spend 2 days reading the pdf book in the CD rom and try on the printer. I can operate it but the thing is - the first registeration mark can not always be found !! sometimes it takes me hours to have it in right position and get my contour cutting !

But it's very frustrated when I shift it with another media in.... I noticed you've solved your problems and can I know how you did it ?

I called our local GRAPHTEC technicians - they offer not any good solutions for this!

Thank you very much in advance !
Kindest regards,
Frankie