• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ce5000-60 not registered by computer

signmanmikey

our shop has a graphtec ce5000-60 24-in plotter that quit on us around the begenning of september right when we upgraded to a summa D160R.

waht i have tried so far to test comunication :

4 diferent computers (1 windows 10 64 , 3 windows 7 64)
3 diferent usb cable lengths ranging from 3 feet to 6 feet

using flexi sign 8.5 /8.6 as well as flexi sign pro 11 neather could open port

windows device manager dose not see plotter (usb tested only)

from plotter is will function properly and all menu and function work at expected

i do know a shop down the street from us had thier plotter same maker not sure of model go out about the same time and not sure if they are back up and running

could this be a problem with the main board on the plotter and if so is there a test that any one knows or whould i try to set up a serial conection and does any one know a good step by step direction to set up a serial ?

netsol

when you first plug the usb into a port it has not been connected to before ou should see it nstall a driver. (software needs to be installed before you lug in)

if you pm me i will give you my cell and walk you through deciding if usb port is defective

does this machine have a 9 pin dsub serial port?

signmanmikey

the plotter does not have the 9 pin but does have the larger 25pin serial port
i do have a cable for a 25-9 pin serial from when we ran the ANA machine we have

signmanmikey

i did do some more test today from what i tries are probly not average or logical tests to be preforming

from the 25pin to 9 pin cable it did not respond to the system from the graphtec program (serial port on system)
from the 25-9 pin adapter same results ( serial port on system)
from 25pin to printer port on system forced error 15(language error) on plotter on system boot with random fan commands on load and restart of system so with taht there is slight comunication to the ploter from the computer just the computer os cant read the plotter
usb cable is still dead on comunication

edit addition
right after it went down i did take the main board out and looked it over under magnification and didnt see any defective chips or broken pins

in the past i have changed out the carrage ribbon and the x-axis motor as well as resoldered the carage roller sensor after a jam broke a lead of the sensor