• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CE7000-60 Having trouble with getting files to cut correctly

DealerSupplySigns

So I'm using a ce7000-60 with graphtec pro studio. I'm relatively new to sign making and most of the experience I have is from trial and error or forums/videos. We've had decent success so far with some designs, while others load in with lines that aren't straight or so many hidden paths to go through and delete/modify.
The most recent example I can offer is a window decal we were trying to make. Our art department sent me a PDF of the design and it loaded in fine, however the design had tons of paths to cut instead of it following the outline of the design as it should. I know that I can go and edit paths, however my boss is hoping to streamline the process and waste less time and vinyl. There has to be a better way to get the designs from our art department.
Another issue I've ran into is lines coming over crooked. Typically getting an adobe illustrator file will fix the crooked lines, but does not fix the multiple hidden paths.
I will attach the aforementioned file. If anyone could clue me in on how to fix it on my end or how our art department could send/save files differently it would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• HIGGINS LAKE EMBLEM 4JV (1) (1).pdf
    397 KB · Views: 98

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
wow, that is a mess! your getting this from your "art" department?

I opened it in AI, this is the outline view
upload_2021-4-30_12-21-34.png

So, I rasterized it, then I traced it, this is the outline view now:
upload_2021-4-30_12-22-12.png

I'm not sure what to say about getting better art from your art department. Other than get a new art department.

Attachments

• HIGGINS LAKE EMBLEM 4JV_Clean.pdf
    847.1 KB · Views: 91

Attila Nagy

Just deleted the unwanted objects. Find a better designer.

Attachments

• HIGGINS LAKE EMBLEM.pdf
    19.6 KB · Views: 117

Attila Nagy

wow, that is a mess! your getting this from your "art" department?

I opened it in AI, this is the outline view
View attachment 153276

So, I rasterized it, then I traced it, this is the outline view now:
View attachment 153277

I'm not sure what to say about getting better art from your art department. Other than get a new art department.
Good thinking, But I prefer to delete or weld objects. When you vectorize, should use the silhouette preset not the 2 colour one. that cace have white and black object on your artwork. check the layer manager. Saving PDF without page frame saves time for production too.

Boudica

I tried to unite them, but there was too much going on and it didn't work right. If there weren't sooo many paths I would have just cleaned it up as you did. What I did took about 90 seconds. Your right, I should have used the silhouette preset :)

DealerSupplySigns

Thank you for the replies, that helps me out a ton! Now, on to my next question, are you familiar with graphtec pro studio? If you are, is this something I can do myself or do I need AI or Photoshop or the like to do that? Referring to rasterizing an image. I'm not sure if I'm just blind and missing these awesome features, but I feel pretty limited in what I can do to manipulate or make designs sometimes. I'm familiar with welding parts of the design together, however any missed welds can ruin the graphic and I'll waste more vinyl! I know the simple answer might be to just not miss any welds, buuut ya know how that goes. Appreciate all the replies you guys!

Boudica

I am not familiar with Graphtec pro . sorry I can't help you out more there. But I'm sure there are members here who are and can offer more.

Attila Nagy

I have done the cleanup with FlexiSign for you what basically Graphtec Pro Studio is. First ungroup and uncompound all objects to be able to select only one at the time and delete.