• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Censored!

John Butto

Had two drawings taken down today because people, and you know who they are, were offended. It seems that it is correct to offend on here with words but put it in a drawing and it gets banned. I realize that Signs101 is a business and it seems I need a coat and tie to be seated. We are in the communication business and since I do not like being led around by the nose as to what to do or what not to do, the communication will stop from me on this site. I am sure my Schadenfreude friends will be happy to hear this and go back to impressing us all with their wisdom and wit without having anyone rebuke them.

player

Please don't go John.

I really appreciate your talent and art. I look forward to seeing your sketches, layouts and illustrations.

*uck the haters

PS- please pm me the banned art.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I always enjoy your sketches as well.... some people just have some really thin skin getting all butthurt on the internet. Internet forums and message boards of all types have always been know to be somewhat harsh, blunt, critical, to the point, etc. If you come on one asking for others opinion (or not) you should expect to get some blunt responses. I know I don't tailor my responses on here or any other forums to be sensitive of someone's feelings for the most part. We are adults on here. If you cannot take a bit of jabbing, harsh criticism, etc then you need to grow up a little and get some thicker skin.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I appreciate that Fred is trying to run a business but I fail to see just how that extends to being responsive to any case of arrested development that is sufficiently strident in its protestations of offended sensibilities.

Those oh so delicate sensibilities that some seem to take pleasure in flaunting should not be and, in the real world where we all reside, are not, protected. Nor should they be. Ever. It would appear that there exists specimens that somehow have never discerned the difference between reading words or viewing pictures and being punched in the mouth. Those same beings seem to be clogging the lint filters on this forum.

Marlene

John draws cartoons of me all the time and I never have been offended. don't know what he had taken down but pretty sure it wasn't so bad that it made people's heads explode

Joe Diaz

Just for the record John (if you are still here), since you think I somehow got Gino kicked off, and that there was some sort of conspiracy involving myself, I want to make it perfectly clear that I didn't complain to the powers that be about your cartoons. To be honest, they've never bothered me, they are a little weird at times, and I have had enough of them drawn of me that I wonder at times if someone has a bit of man crush :Big Laugh, but I never thought you should be prevented from expressing yourself in your own way.

Don't over think it though. I saw one of the designs you posted this morning. It wasn't worth pulling imo, at the same time it certainly wasn't helpful and you were essentially just making fun of how someone looks for no reason, but should it have been taken down? Heck no. I didn't see the 2nd one. My guess is it was only removed because Fred or whoever else moderates was trying to keep the thread on topic. For all we know, no one complained and it was their call. Anyone with half a brain knows you were trying to test the limits and now you found out where they are, but no one is forcing you to leave.

Besides we all know you'll be back. Haven't you left once before?:wink:

Ponto

i appreciate that fred is trying to run a business but i fail to see just how that extends to being responsive to any case of arrested development that is sufficiently strident in its protestations of offended sensibilities.

Those oh so delicate sensibilities that some seem to take pleasure in flaunting should not be and, in the real world where we all reside, are not, protected. Nor should they be. Ever. It would appear that there exists specimens that somehow have never discerned the difference between reading words or viewing pictures and being punched in the mouth. Those same beings seem to be clogging the lint filters on this forum.

huh?......lol..........

Jp

Bly

Who are these thin skinned over sensitive types who can't cope with a little satire?

Maybe the internet isn't the place for you.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
No Gino or John Butto and this place may become boring101.com - who's next, wayne k??

Yes the font id's are nice and fast, but this place needs entertainment.

John L

J Butt

I think there should be a thread of ALL of John's artwork posted here. I always look for his posts. And Marlene is a good sport too!

Geno out and now this? ... c'mon, really? I got my hand on the remote control don't make me do it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No Gino or John Butto and this place may become boring101.com - who's next, wayne k??

Yes the font id's are nice and fast, but this place needs entertainment.

Not me I am safe, I have a get out of jail free card from Fred.
I once saved him from a pack of wild pugs holding him hostage in a LazyBoy........

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• pileofpugs.jpg
    pileofpugs.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 97