• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Centering Text with TM or R Marks

equippaint

When a logo or tag line has a registered or tm mark, do you include the mark when you center it in a layout? I usually don't but would like some other opinions on it.

papabud

Lone Wolf
for me its really on a logo to logo basis. some its not even a factor, others it really looks off one way or the other. i always use the does it look right standard..

petepaz

i think back in the olden days in school they told us that the tm or reg mark didn't count when centering your logo or text. i do it how ever it looks best. sometimes you have to adjust because it's too close to some other art or the edge of the material

Billct2

Ignore the mark. Center as though it wasn't there. If it looks bad, make it smaller or use a lighter color

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
I ignore the TMs and REG marks. Designs look better IMO

Same goes for descenders on lower case letters when justifying horizontally

equippaint

We got a tag line for a panel overlay we are doing and the "TM" is almost as big as the text (and the same font). It looks ridiculous but they said don't mess with it since it came from corporate. No matter what I do it looks weird so I figured Id ask. Thanks for the responses

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Personal preference. If not sure, make two mockups..... and ask them which one they want.