• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Flatbed printer issues....

rjtwin

My flatbed starting acting strange the other day. When starting a job it goes over the material and drops to check the height of the object. Once it drops and the sensor stops the heads the controller shows ESTOP and printer locks up. Sometimes it will not even go over the material and will just drop above the ink well! This is a couple videos of the strange activity.....

Even when moving head manually in control panel it will show estop?

I have checked continuity with the crash bar sensors and with the alignment pens and all check out ok?
Any ideas?

ChrisN

Does it just stop when the head is moving up/down? Does the controller display the same error code (E.EstoP) when the head crash bars are activated? It could be a bad connection to the crash bar switches that is caused by the vertical movement.

Django

Sounds like the cables or pins in the connectors to the crash bar limit switch may be bad. You can apply a jumper to where the limit switch's connector attaches to its cable and see if that resolves the issue.

bossprint

Does it just stop when the head is moving up/down? Does the controller display the same error code (E.EstoP) when the head crash bars are activated? It could be a bad connection to the crash bar switches that is caused by the vertical movement.
Did you resolve this issue. I am having the same one right now.