• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET = Handtop = CET??

growler

These machines have popped up over in my neck of the woods, but further investigation puts 1 or the other as rebadge (dilli = agfa etc)

now I know there are a few CET users in here so I am looking for some feedback.

I was looking at the Océ 460XT CMYKWV, I presume CET/Handtop has the same make up and print quality with their greyscale heads?

What's peoples adhesion like to coro, what inks etc?

Does anyone have experience on their 3.2m hybrid?

What rip is used?

Letterbox Mike

CET does equal Handtop. CET has some ownership in Handtop, but I don't know all the details of their relationship.

Adhesion to coroplast, acrylic, and other tough substrates is like superglue, at least with the 50 series inks.

We have the 100" hybrid with Spectra heads, feel free to email or PM me if you have any specific questions, I'm glad to help out.

growler

Thanks insignia,

its under the handtop brand over my neck of the world.

I will enquire about the series 50 inks.

Do they need compressors or anything like that?

DO they come in a bigger bed than the 5x10, I was hoping to get something along the size of the 460xt

growler

white and varnish jim?

Can I ask what you paiod for your machine so I can get comparison costing here, feel free to pm to me if wish to keep private.

What inks are you using, rip?

synergy_jim

white and varnish jim?

Can I ask what you paiod for your machine so I can get comparison costing here, feel free to pm to me if wish to keep private.

What inks are you using, rip?

White yes…. no varnish.

we are using the adhesion ink set. Doesn't come off of cork even when scored or bent.

we got the show special and are a demo site for our dealer… so it was a substantial discount.

growler

Thanks Jim, is that a CET branded ink, is it rebadged etc, can you shed any light there. CET is handtop here, so if I can ask for specific inks for samples would be great.

how is gamut, especially in the reds 100y 100m 6c etc?

is the white, white or more yellowy, I understand this was an issue a while back that may have been addressed.

Sorry to bomb you with questions, but going from named brands to something not in the market here I need to make sure about it!

synergy_jim

The white is as good of a white as I have seen. The inks are CET branded. No other labels.

Color gamut is as good as any flatbed I have seen, but again, a lot of that is profiling.

davecich

growler

Thanks Jim and Mike. Growler, we use different brands in different parts of the world, for a variety of reasons. As for the ink, email me and I'll help you get it from Peter in Australia. dcich@cetcolor.com

davecich

Biker Scout

Sir,We do not sell to or have any business relationship with Infinity. We also do not use Seiko heads. You are always welcome to come to Atlanta and see our manufacturing facility-Dave

cmykpro

I have a 4'x8' Q500 being installed in the am. I went with high adhesion + white with the new heads. Kind of shocked it is a 5 day training as we just installed a new Flatbed cutter/router that is infinitely more complex and training was only 3 days on that.

I'll report back with my thoughts.

Rob Bellissimo

the CET 60 series ink is great. high colour gamut (profiling obvious reason) and great adhesion.
we run a 500Q CMYK+W 2 rows of heads.

growler

Well I emailed Dave and also the supposed local people here and have not heard boo back. That doesn't scream great with me. So for now I will be sticking with HP or Océ unless these guys can prove it's worth seriously looking at them.

Letterbox Mike

Give Dave a chance. He's a busy guy and bear in mind he's the president of the company, not a salesperson, so he's not sitting at his desk waiting for customers to call in, he's running a company.

I will tell you this, we bought our CET having not seen one in person or even seen a print off of it. We did a lot of research and learned from many users that they are a company that absolutely stands behind their machines and will not abandon their users. I've known too many people in this industry who have purchased machines and had major problems, only to be told by the manufacturer "sorry, we can't help you".

In fact, a good customer of mine (they're also a competitor about a half-mile away) bought an Agfa about a year before we bought our CET. The last I heard, it was decommissioned and was sitting in the back of their warehouse because it was entirely inoperable and Agfa was never able to resolve their issues, and eventually told them to go pound sand. This is not a small company either, they are a $25+ million company, so Agfa had a lot to lose by not satisfying them. And their demands were not unreasonable, I saw their machine fail to print anything longer than 5' many times.

We've also been abandoned to the wolves by equipment manufacturers before, so the thing at the very top of our list was buying a machine from a company that wouldn't do that to us again.

At the end of the day, you can compare print speed, print quality, size, etc., and while there are some differences, sometimes significant differences, for the most part, they all print and do what they are supposed to do. Do not jump into this purchase being so naive to believe you won't have problems; every manufacturer has issues, hiccups and lemons. Don't get stuck with a company that won't be there to back you up when that happens.

And if you're wondering, our original CET was a lemon and cost us a lot of money and downtime. Had I bought an Agfa or HP or Oce, they may have taken care of me, they may not have. But I bought a CET because I knew they would, and they did just that and then some. Despite having an unpleasant and frankly painful experience with the machine, they never left our side, spent a small fortune of their money to keep it running, and made sure we were made whole again.

growler

I have since heard from them, and while their pricing is attractive. They have no local service agents or suppliers which puts a dampner on things.

davecich

Growler

I apologize about not calling personally. Iw ill try tonight (you are 12 hours behind)? We had an Ice storm in Altanta which has closed my business for three days. It is true that we have no dealers yet in New Zealand.-Dave

growler

Hi Dave,

I appreciate the offer, but I can safely say that with the nearest tech or support an international flight away it's a boat I won't be putting myself in.

Cheers, Greg

cmykpro

Our new CET is a beast. The new 60 series high adhesion inks are everything they are supposed to be. Granted I haven't had ample time to give a full review but with what I have seen i'm impressed. We were able to print to a customers proprietary fabric that no other printer we found could. For only being CMYK the color gamut is much better then I expected rivaling our 10 color inkjets.

On top of everything else I received a call every single day during the 5 day install from someone at CET which was a pleasant surprise. I get the feeling they are adamant about their customers and if this trend continues I will be a long term supporter.

So far so good!