• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Printer Driver

MrNick86

We are implementing the new ONYX Thrive system into our entire print network sometime in the near future. I have concerns with switching the system for the CET. I was told that the print driver for the FK512X was only applicable with Window XP. However, according to the ONYX website, it says compatibility is available through Windows 7. I also have found that ONYX Thrive has a ".PrnInst" file for the CET FK512X. I need to know if the driver is going to work for this machine before I go through all of the hassle of upgrading the computer currently running Windows XP for this printer to Windows 7 which is required for Onyx Thrive.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction will be well appreciated.

Thank you,

Nick

MrNick86

Why is it that ANY time I post anything CET on here I GET ZERO HELP? Yes, that goes for customer service from CET too!

artbot

i read this a while back but figured surely there was someone on here with better knowledge than me. from what i remember buying and and having an fk installed. i asked about several scenarios to avoid an xp
set up and it was stressed to me that the driver for the fk was xp only and would never be updated to later OS compatibility. it's unlikely that onyx is correct on this one. they are probably overselling.

MrNick86

i read this a while back but figured surely there was someone on here with better knowledge than me. from what i remember buying and and having an fk installed. i asked about several scenarios to avoid an xp
set up and it was stressed to me that the driver for the fk was xp only and would never be updated to later OS compatibility. it's unlikely that onyx is correct on this one. they are probably overselling.
Hence why you basically did away with it and converted it into your own machine, right?

artbot

that particular FK, last i heard, will not run at all not matter how much maintenance is done to it. the owner said that CET recommended a refurb to different heads. i don't completely buy this because no machine is beyond repair. the issue was cyan drop out. plagued with cyan drop out. and walking to the left.

MrNick86

Onyx wont help us without charging us up the a$$ to even answer a phone call. I know that is not my problem, but I wish I didn't have to go through leaps and bounds to receive a simple answer.

Now that I am thinking about it more. Couldn't I technically install Onyx on the printers computer as just the file loader you were to use if you had a remote setup from version 10 on XP? It is going to import the same file format that Onyx generally exports. Am I wrong?

artbot

aaa.....uhhhh.... .duhhhhh...... my IQ with coatings and faux surfaces is up there. but when it comes to computer/software/rip stuff it's around 80.

ChrisN

I don't know what all would be involved, but couldn't you just install Thrive on a new computer and then swap the old and new computers? That would give you a quick way to test Thrive with little downtime if it didn't work.