• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Static Reduction Kit

ChrisN

Anybody on here have the CET static reduction kit? How well does it work for you guys? And if you don't mind, I'd appreciate pics of how it is installed on the machine. We're thinking about getting it and installing it ourselves, but I'd like some feedback from current users first. I just ran the first phase of a large order on 1/4" Palight PVC, and that stuff holds static like nothing else I've seen!

Andy D

I can't tell you about the CET static reduction, but
I do have a simple DIY system that has worked great.
Get your self a microfiber dust mop and place
on the backside/inside of the mop head a piece of thin aluminum, a little smaller than the microfiber head,

Then run a copper wire from the aluminum, up the handle to the ground of a plug (ground only, not hot)
and plug that in to an outlet.

Don't wet the mop, run it dry over the substrate, works like a charm, I should patent it :smile:
If you still have issues, wet wipe down the PVC before you remove the protective liner.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• dust mop.jpg
    dust mop.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 152

ChrisN

I can't tell you about the CET static reduction, but
I do have a simple DIY system that has worked great.
Get your self a microfiber dust mop and place
on the backside/inside of the mop head a piece of thin aluminum, a little smaller than the microfiber head,

Then run a copper wire from the aluminum, up the handle to the ground of a plug (ground only, not hot)
and plug that in to an outlet.

Don't wet the mop, run it dry over the substrate, works like a charm, I should patent it :smile:
If you still have issues, wet wipe down the PVC before you remove the protective liner.....

Thanks, I'll have to try that. Do you go over both sides of the substrate, or just the side you're printing on?

Andy D

Thanks, I'll have to try that. Do you go over both sides of the substrate, or just the side you're printing on?

I wipe it down on the printer, right before I start the print, so just the side I'm about to print.

fastmax

Anybody on here have the CET static reduction kit? How well does it work for you guys? And if you don't mind, I'd appreciate pics of how it is installed on the machine. We're thinking about getting it and installing it ourselves, but I'd like some feedback from current users first. I just ran the first phase of a large order on 1/4" Palight PVC, and that stuff holds static like nothing else I've seen!

ive used a combo of a static wire wand spanned over the flatbed with magnets and dryer sheets, i think dryer sheets work good.. never used the kit

VISCOM

Hey Chris, I'm the guy that showed you me CET Printer in New Cumberland PA... my static bar set up works AWESOME.. no problems.. will send you pic on Monday Jeff VISCOM

ChrisN

my static bar set up works AWESOME.. no problems.. will send you pic on Monday Jeff VISCOM

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you had the static kit or not. How much of a difference do you see using the static bar vs not using it?