• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Change cut contour mark size in onyx 12

altereddezignz

Is there a way to change the cut contour mark size in onyx 12? I know in flexi it is set to 1 inch by 1 inch and .20 thick. Any place to modify this in onyx. Right now it pritns at like .5x.5 and i would like to make ti a little larger.
Thanks

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Why not set your cut contour parameters in your design program and skip Onyx altogether?

Bly

I think they are pre set for each type of cutter so they will recognise them.

Edit - go to file > manage cutters in Rip Queue

Last edited:

bulldozer

what bly said.

i have yet to figure out adjusting the icut marks without them disappearing, but not printing a half inch away when printing 48 wide, but only 90 in length. the crop marks that print also cause a hassle.

altereddezignz

Why not set your cut contour parameters in your design program and skip Onyx altogether?
Design software is Photoshop an Illustrator. No way to work with only for it to see seperate cut and print paths.
My understanding with onyx is for the cut server to see the cut marks it must come from the ripped print file.

altereddezignz

I think they are pre set for each type of cutter so they will recognise them.

Edit - go to file > manage cutters in Rip Queue

Thanks found it. Your wording for location is a little off based on Onyx 12.1. but its there.

In Rip Que go to
File
Manage Cutters
Click configure

Now i see it says cut mark length but can someone else explain the other settings other than Print onyx barcode and repeat interval and intermediate mark settings? I understand those.

I am guessing that the mark x and mark y margin is how far it places the mark away from the printed image edge but not sure what the image x and image y margins means? Is this how much material it must leave on the edge of the image past the cut registration marks. So if you had 50" wide material the wides your image could be would be 47.6" or image area wide since it would add 1.2" to each side.
50-1.2-1.2=47.6?

I have no idea if this is right or not.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_56 Feb. 16 08.22.png
    ScreenHunter_56 Feb. 16 08.22.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 455

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I design and cut from CorelDraw. I can create cut lines and weed lines all within CorelDRAW.

altereddezignz

So you print and cut from coreldraw? We run onyx so the only way i know a print and cut job can be done is if both files go through rip.
I may be wrong but thats the only way i know how to do it.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Onyx will cut and print from the same file.
You need to set up your cutter properly, then select it from the Contour Cutter option at the bottom of the Printer and Media tab in the Job Editor.

altereddezignz

Onyx will cut and print from the same file.
You need to set up your cutter properly, then select it from the Contour Cutter option at the bottom of the Printer and Media tab in the Job Editor.
We have it set up correctly. This is how we do it. Send file to print and it rips then send cut paths to cut server. We have no issue using this function.

I was referring to myront when he said he did it all from corel.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yes, set up everything in CorelDraw. Layout with cut lines, weed lines, registration marks etc. Export to the Flexi print RIP. Our guy prints it then lets us know it's ready for cut. Open the file in Corel then use FineCut Pro plugin to plot it.