• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing heater settings on Valuejet 1204

chad17

Anyone know how to change the heater settings from the printer? I can do it from flexi, I just would like to have the heater already warmed up so I don't have to wait so long for it to warm up when I'm ready to print. Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just do it in whatever setup you're using in Production Manager. It's about the 4th tab over in the setup specifications dialog or the job dialog for that matter, the tab that looks like a printer. You can set the heaters from the control panel but, if memory serves, they still won't start to heat until you send it something to print. You can setup the heaters as well as a pre-heat option in the Menu->Setup->Media Type>... menus. This, I think, sets the amount of time the printer will keep the heaters on waiting for a print job. Have at it but it doesn't take all that long to heat up if you simply leave it alone.

chad17

Thanks I will try this. Yeah when you first turn on the machine the heaters will come on for a certain amount of time, but they only heat to the setting that the printer is on not through production manager. I will check this out though maybe this will do what I want. Thanks for the reply.

RG

I think this is what you are looking for. With the printer turned on and ready to print, press Menu/right arrow/up arrow to Set 27/enter/enter/enter/down arrow to Pre Heat/enter to set the new temp/enter to save changes/down arrow to go to Platen Heat/ etc. The big plus here is that you should get no ink on your fingers while doing this.