• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

changing out caps on Soljet pro IIsc-540 any tips for me?

ssignshop

My company has had a Sol jet for going on 7yrs now. I do clean it regularly and it has always worked well for us until recently there have been some issues. We have narrowed down some possible causes and we decided on replaceing the dampers and caps to hopefully fix the problem. I'm told that it should have been done along time ago as a prevenative maintenace. However as I said we have not had any problems or signs of failing parts.
Any type of removal and installtion directions would be appreciated! Thanks

Mr Gerbik

Roland Cap Top Replace

This document is for the newest mosdel, but will be helpful. Just the first part on placing the unit in cleaning mode is different. Do this how you normally would: press and hold Cleaning button while powering on.

Attachments

• Captop_Replace_XCXJLEC.pdf
    850.5 KB · Views: 80

ssignshop

Yeah I do know the cleaning mode power up. I do that regularly to clean but have not had to deal with the caps and dampers at all the entire time we've had the machine.

Mr Gerbik

I think Roland recomends replacing cap tops every 6 months. I would say every 12 months for the cap tops. Dampers, however, should only be replaced when needed. If they are left alone, rarely will they fail if they are the new style (3rd party ink can damage dampers prematurely). Roland has updated the dampers for your unit 2 or 3 times. New ones have a green dot on them and usually only need replaced when replacing a head, but not always. The biggest thing that causes dampers to fail is while taking them off the head manifiold and breaking the inner seal at the connection point to the head, it may stick a little and break. Be careful removing dampers!! You do NOT want to break the manifold on the head! I would start with the cap tops only first then test to see if dampers are needed. Did the document help? The cleaning mode was to move the heads in order get to the caps to replace them. It's different in the document than on your unit.

ssignshop

Thanks Mr. Gerbik for the info-
The document you attached does look helpful. I am still waiting on my parts to come in and they should be here tomorrow. So I can't say if it works or not yet. Yes, I have opened up the machine numerous times while in cleaning mode to do a manual cleanup job. So getting at the caps is no problem. Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Salmoneye

Thank you Gerbik from me as well. I have had a set of them staring at me on the shelf for a couple of months. If I don't use my unit for many days I have some drying of the heads. I will replace the cap tops and hope that takes care of my issue.