• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

channel letter stitcher (

VIPUL PATEL

We have studied about channel letter stitcher. We are looking to buy it to reduce production costs.
After looking online, we found about Accu Clinch and SDS stitcher.
Which one do you all recommend?
Does anyone know any cheaper but good quality machine?

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
The best Clincher is the Norlok. https://norlok.com/product/letterlok/ I wouldn't buy anything from Computerized Cutters. The advantage of a clincher is that they don't use consumables. But they are a little slow and putting in the wrong gauge of material can break the machine.

Stitchers have a more even playing field. The SDS Automation, Ideal Stitcher company, or Bosch are all solid machines. I'd recommend purchasing stainless steel wire even though it is more expensive than galvanized. The advantage of a stitcher is that you can use aluminum composite panel. The stitchers are also super fast. Just watch your fingers.

If you want to go super cheap, I've seen sign companies use pneumatic staplers from home depot or lowes. Not sure what the UL inspector would say about that....